The ARTGERM Thread
10 10

322 posts in this topic

782 posts
On 9/3/2018 at 5:26 AM, Kwan Chang said:

sold that one via PM.  should have a mary jane coming back soon from cgc too.

Sounds good.  Please keep me up to date.  Would love to own an Artgerm piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315 posts
On 9/3/2018 at 8:26 AM, Kwan Chang said:

sold that one via PM.  should have a mary jane coming back soon from cgc too.

Is the MERA #1 still available?

Also, please let me know when the MJ comes in 

:applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,707 posts

He is killing it on this Catwoman run so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
156 posts
23 hours ago, JP_rez said:

Fresh of the press Catwoman #4

STL097107_large.jpg

Is it just me or does this look like Morena Baccarin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40,112 posts
On 8/7/2018 at 5:30 PM, modelmaker said:

Catwoman #3 variant.  It's not even out yet, but without a doubt, destined to be a fave for many.  Even though I own some of his OA, I've actually never purchased any of his comics.  In this case, I'm going to make an exception and pick up a copy. <3

image.png.bb2fc266e6191558d14290f453c086cf.png

I actually broke down and bought a copy of this one - the first new comic I've bought in over 10 years. :insane:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70 posts
18 hours ago, divad said:

I actually broke down and bought a copy of this one - the first new comic I've bought in over 10 years. :insane:

SAme here. Great art. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,670 posts

Does he sell 11x17 prints?  I picked up Catwoman #4, but it just feels like the art needs to be appreciated on its own without any logos, barcodes, text, and in a format larger than the ~7"x~10" that modern comics come in to be fully appreciated.

EDIT: Yes he does!  Sent him a PM via FB and he was kind enough to point me to an authorized eBay dealer.

Edited by ExNihilo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 posts
21 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Does he sell 11x17 prints?  I picked up Catwoman #4, but it just feels like the art needs to be appreciated on its own without any logos, barcodes, text, and in a format larger than the ~7"x~10" that modern comics come in to be fully appreciated.

EDIT: Yes he does!  Sent him a PM via FB and he was kind enough to point me to an authorized eBay dealer.

Just a heads up from a slightly OCD collector, his prints are an off size other than 11by17, I picked one up at NYCC and it wasn’t even close to fitting in my binder I was carrying prints in, so I traded it away. I know I have issues ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63 posts

SearchForSpidey is correct about Artgerm's print sizes.  Since Artgerm is based in Asia, they use International (ISO/metric) paper sizes as opposed to the North American ANSI system.  Instead of 11"x17", they use A3 paper which is 11.69" x 16.54".    And for his typical convention commissions, assuming he brought his own paper from Asia, they'll be on A4 paper which is 8.3" x 11.7".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,670 posts
3 hours ago, SearchForSpidey said:

Just a heads up from a slightly OCD collector, his prints are an off size other than 11by17, I picked one up at NYCC and it wasn’t even close to fitting in my binder I was carrying prints in, so I traded it away. I know I have issues ?

 

28 minutes ago, modelmaker said:

SearchForSpidey is correct about Artgerm's print sizes.  Since Artgerm is based in Asia, they use International (ISO/metric) paper sizes as opposed to the North American ANSI system.  Instead of 11"x17", they use A3 paper which is 11.69" x 16.54".    And for his typical convention commissions, assuming he brought his own paper from Asia, they'll be on A4 paper which is 8.3" x 11.7".

Thanks for the heads up.  I did the conversion and noticed they were slightly wider than 11".  Will have to factor this in when buying an art portfolio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,670 posts

I can't seem to find any information as to whether this is a 1:XX variant?  Or a standard variant that will be readily available?  Anyone know?

m25encpipy321.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
302 posts
2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I can't seem to find any information as to whether this is a 1:XX variant?  Or a standard variant that will be readily available?  Anyone know?

m25encpipy321.jpg

Artgerm's own store variant. Selling it on his website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,670 posts
5 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

Artgerm's own store variant. Selling it on his website.

Ugh...$46.  Between this and the Adam Hughes and Alex Ross variants, this is starting to sound expensive.  I might have to be responsible for a change and just pass on all of these.  :sorry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
572 posts
35 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Ugh...$46.  Between this and the Adam Hughes and Alex Ross variants, this is starting to sound expensive.  I might have to be responsible for a change and just pass on all of these.  :sorry:

Not seeing it on his store...can you link it please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,670 posts
2 minutes ago, Avi said:

Not seeing it on his store...can you link it please?

https://artgermcollectibles.com/collections/pre-sale-captain-marvel-1-artgerm-collectibles-exclusive

It's showing up as "Sold Out", but that's only because the store isn't releasing inventory until the 16th.  If you click in to each set option and then click on "Product Option", it'll reveal the prices.

Raw Set: $46/$86 (unsigned/signed)
9.8 CGC Set: $220/$260 (unsigned/signed)
Signed/Remarked 9.8 CGC Set: Price unknown
Cover A 9.8 CGC Set: $100/$120 (unsigned/signed)
Cover A Raw: $15/$36 (unsigned/signed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
10 10