• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Ditko gone

38 posts in this topic

Celebrating the life of a unique master of the comic book art and story telling medium who was referred to as the J.D. Salinger of the comic book world. I'm saddened about Ditko's death because of the connection he made to me and many of my fellow readers/collectors. That said, 90 years old is a good run for anyone and the Immortal Ditko will continue to live in his creations, artwork, and stories. Future generations will discover and enjoy the Immortal Ditko! 

Posted in CG but belongs here-  the book that started the corpus of Ditko's precode horror work:

IMG_1217.JPG.3f9d8aba8868ad37e9a562e2a17d26a4.JPG

With Ditko having entered another dimension, perhaps a dimension similar to those in one of his stories, the remaining challenge is see the immortal Ditko in this dimension through his work...

2 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Celebrating the life of a unique master of the comic book art and story telling medium who was referred to as the J.D. Salinger of the comic book world. I'm saddened about Ditko's death because of the connection he made to me and many of my fellow readers/collectors. That said, 90 years old is a good run for anyone and the Immortal Ditko will continue to live in his creations, artwork, and stories. Future generations will discover and enjoy the Immortal Ditko! 

Posted in CG but belongs here-  the book that started the corpus of Ditko's precode horror work:

IMG_1217.JPG.3f9d8aba8868ad37e9a562e2a17d26a4.JPG

Wow now I have to buy this copy so I can read it :takeit:pm me and I give you my address :whistle:

53 minutes ago, IngelsFan said:

The man was an absolute legend. I love his Spider-Man work, of course, and his pre-hero Marvel stuff is terrific, but for me, his precode work is among the best done during that era. 

ADB33D6A-462C-4245-86C5-49D6A68666A1.jpeg

05494558-8245-4708-A17D-BD61A14AEFF4.jpeg

Both of these are just fantastic...I am not worthy...  (worship)