• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,723 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I finally watched that movie all the way through this year, I think it was my first time :shy: !

Yeah. What a load of Von Trapp it was. 

1 minute ago, tv horror said:

Hey I posted a few replies and they never appeared has this happened to anyone else. 

Admin have added a 'tv horror' filter Maurice. It filters out terrible puns.

We're doomed mate. 

5 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Yours is way funnier.:roflmao: Since my Windows update I can't post jpegs which has cramp my style no end.

You had style Maurice? :shy:

Poxy windows...

10 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Great to see some banter in this thread, been too long.:headbang:

We're all Andru'd out Reg. Waiting for your next then and now picture... :)

On 12/22/2019 at 3:04 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Life has really sapped my free time the past few months.  Hopefully the start of the new year will be a refresher.  

You have done a great job on this thread , it is hard to keep a thread going , this is one of the best ever ‼️‼️ Even if it ended today it’s still great❤️

9 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

You have done a great job on this thread , it is hard to keep a thread going , this is one of the best ever ‼️‼️ Even if it ended today it’s still great❤️

Thanks so much my friend, I really appreciate the kind words.  I actually did a little hunting today for some real life references of one of the few Ross Andru depictions that I hadn't explored yet, but I couldn't find a good matchup.

Here is an updated chart of my Ross Andru Amazing Spider-Man Interior original art tracking.  This thing changes very slowly, but several pages of Giant Size Spider-Man #3 were added.

I have images now of 28.5% of the original art from Amazing Spider-Man issues 125 through 185 (a few issues were drawn by Sal Buscema and Gil Kane did 150).

ASM_art.png

With regards to my chart,  I always wonder the following:

1)  Where is all the other art?  29% isn't all that much.

2)  And how does it compare to other bronze age runs?  I love tracking this stuff, but one artist is enough for me.

3)  For the issues I show with no pages of original art verified, does one collector own all the art to the issue?

4)  And sadly, I always wonder if some if it got destroyed, thrown out, etc.  I hope not.

23 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

With regards to my chart,  I always wonder the following:

1)  Where is all the other art?  29% isn't all that much.

2)  And how does it compare to other bronze age runs?  I love tracking this stuff, but one artist is enough for me.

3)  For the issues I show with no pages of original art verified, does one collector own all the art to the issue?

4)  And sadly, I always wonder if some if it got destroyed, thrown out, etc.  I hope not.

Impressive research …. had you thought of asking Mike Burkey, aka romitaman on the boards ? He may be able to fill in some of the blanks, although some may be confidential. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Impressive research …. had you thought of asking Mike Burkey, aka romitaman on the boards ? He may be able to fill in some of the blanks, although some may be confidential. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I haven't talked to many others about my research.  Funny, the one page of Andru art that I briefly owned came from Mike's collection when he started selling off some of it a few years back.