• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable'?
6 6

Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable' ?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable'?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (feel free to post any alternative views accordingly)
  2. 2. Should CGC withdraw from service any holders which create / are prone to create Newton Rings?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you satisfied with CGC's response to date to this issue?

• Yes
    • No

888 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I may be foolish, but I really think that there won't be any rings.... now that they've made some kind of statement, It would be too unfortunate for them to come back with rings.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:..........:wishluck: oh and :takeit:

:tink:

As I'm sure you know I had a number of reholders probly 10 or so in total. I've just had a very slight issue with newtons on one, the ASM 45. It's on the white portion of the front cover barely noticeable though. Hope that helps

I wonder if CGC provides some kind of remedy if one or more come back with severe rings? 

59 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

As I'm sure you know I had a number of reholders probly 10 or so in total. I've just had a very slight issue with newtons on one, the ASM 45. It's on the white portion of the front cover barely noticeable though. Hope that helps

I wonder if CGC provides some kind of remedy if one or more come back with severe rings? 

I'm trying to stay positive, the ones that I've seen come back so far haven't been too bad.... or at least since the offer to reholder at no charge. 

I think the issue now is scratches inside the case. 

It's worth noting that I made this 15 book sub before this thread started and before I got the 1 back that was Newton rings excessive. I would have been more hesitant if I knew the extant .....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I'll also say that, it may be a true test, as one of the books that I submitted is RAI #0, which is a predominantly white cover.

Also an elephantmen #18 Campbell cover... white cover.

I can't think of any other of the covers that would present a challenge. Maybe batgirl #13.....

I'm trying to be patient and trust

On 9/19/2018 at 7:02 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

...of course not.

6 more votes until the fireworks are unleashed :headbang:

Do fireworks have sell by dates?

2 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

Get those tomatos out of there!

Spoiler alert! That is just a random pic from the interwebs (thumbsu

I do my own cooking, but at least I know when to use tomatoes and when not too lol

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

I just tried to vote.  I couldn't because I already did.  I blame it on old age.

The rocket was ready and everything. That's some unhappy Clangers I tell you.