EBay user fen_vivia. Aka kenneth Cheung from San Fran Ca
4 4

159 posts in this topic

3,717 posts
6 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

I feel like I just wasted 3 innings of the World series reading and absorbing this thread 😂

Wasted time on the boards?  No such thing!  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,059 posts
10 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Wasted time on the boards?  No such thing!  lol

Yeah you are right. I've spent a good chunk of the last 12 years sorting that out and trying to rationalize that with my lady 😂🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,946 posts
4 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I forgot about made up pedigree guy trying to raise a posse in here.  Solid meltdown, it was fun re-reading this one.

Looks like he’s still active on the boards too.

This was the guy that claimed he got scammed by the Berkbridge Foundation. 

Linky-poo

and

Linky-poo-poo-pa-doo

 

 

Edited by Domo Arigato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,717 posts
7 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

This was the guy that claimed he got scammed by the Berkbridge Foundation. 

Linky-poo

and

Linky-poo-poo-pa-doo

 

 

Wonder if Berkbridge tried to keep all the double cover Hilltop Conan issues while OP was in the hospital having stuff shipped to the wrong address...

Gonna need another posse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,296 posts
14 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

interior back cover has some damage on the spine above the top staple that the exterior wrap doesn't have.  that is confusing to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,353 posts
20 minutes ago, Sal said:

interior back cover has some damage on the spine above the top staple that the exterior wrap doesn't have.  that is confusing to me

After seeing a ton of double covers, I know that the positioning of the artwork and the cut of each cover are usually identical to one another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,612 posts
51 minutes ago, Sal said:

interior back cover has some damage on the spine above the top staple that the exterior wrap doesn't have.  that is confusing to me

That is suspicious to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,717 posts
31 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

That is suspicious to me.

Bah, nothing suspicious about a double cover with "Interior 6.0, Exterior 9.6".  That's what makes it a Hilltop!  :roflmao:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,002 posts
On 10/30/2019 at 6:57 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

If you're gonna make up a fake pedigree why not make up double covers....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,717 posts

I finally went back and took a look at X Hilltop Factor double cover #1...shame to see that someone overpaid for a pretty clear fraud by $52.99.

 

X1.thumb.png.5b0b7f624491ea3ea8f7a2d8aa0c5668.png

X1.png

Edited by mattn792

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,217 posts

 Just found this classic thread - you must read from page one. The thread title is unfortunate (sorry Kenneth Cheung), but the thread is gold.

I bought a double cover Marvel Super Action 1 double cover from this seller. It was obviously married. Seller claimed he didn’t know what the term ‘married cover’ meant, but did refund me with no issues.

Later I noticed that many double covers appearing in my saved searches were from this seller. Many appeared to be married. Later still, I saw an auction from another seller: CGC Green label married double cover Eternals #1, advertised as, “from the hilltop pedigree”. I’m pretty sure the seller was just another victim.

The books still flow from the bottomless well of married double covers and made-up pedigrees. Buyer beware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53,648 posts

Shotgun weddings-all of em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,717 posts
10 hours ago, wormboy said:

 Just found this classic thread - you must read from page one. The thread title is unfortunate (sorry Kenneth Cheung), but the thread is gold.

I bought a double cover Marvel Super Action 1 double cover from this seller. It was obviously married. Seller claimed he didn’t know what the term ‘married cover’ meant, but did refund me with no issues.

Later I noticed that many double covers appearing in my saved searches were from this seller. Many appeared to be married. Later still, I saw an auction from another seller: CGC Green label married double cover Eternals #1, advertised as, “from the hilltop pedigree”. I’m pretty sure the seller was just another victim.

The books still flow from the bottomless well of married double covers and made-up pedigrees. Buyer beware.

This thread absolutely gets the Bania seal of approval.

Randy Quaid with the gold on Twitter | TigerDroppings.com

 

I'd still love to see the OP come hear to explain his made up pedigree and franken-double covers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,717 posts
10 hours ago, wormboy said:

Later I noticed that many double covers appearing in my saved searches were from this seller. Many appeared to be married. Later still, I saw an auction from another seller: CGC Green label married double cover Eternals #1, advertised as, “from the hilltop pedigree”. I’m pretty sure the seller was just another victim.

Ironically enough, it was an Eternals #1 that kicked off this entire fiasco.  The guy selling the green label really must not know what he's doing, because he should have raised some holy heck when CGC tagged the book as a fraud.  Unless he's in on the scam of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151 posts
On 10/30/2019 at 8:40 PM, slym2none said:

Thank you, I have now added this person to my blocked list as well.



-slym

I purchased a few books from them a few years back.....they were no where near the grade that they were listed at. I just direct messaged them to make them aware of the mistake. Little did I know....o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151 posts
On 10/31/2019 at 10:29 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

After seeing a ton of double covers, I know that the positioning of the artwork and the cut of each cover are usually identical to one another. 

I purchased a double cover from them a while back...….you guys have me wondering if I need to go back and examine that copy closer hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,353 posts
1 minute ago, TrayKnight said:
On 10/31/2019 at 11:29 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

After seeing a ton of double covers, I know that the positioning of the artwork and the cut of each cover are usually identical to one another. 

I purchased a double cover from them a while back...….you guys have me wondering if I need to go back and examine that copy closer hm

Let's see the book. :wishluck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4