• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Box of CGC books I just got this week.
1 1

37 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Coxstrong said:

You guys are killing me.  Coxstrong is a name i have had since high school. Last name is Cox.  

NO WORRIES :) My family's last name is Strange..... don't ask what it is, because it IS STRANGE!

My mom married into it, but as a kid that's how they filed the paperwork at school..... ah anything but SUE (thumbsu 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 minutes ago, Coxstrong said:

You guys are killing me.  Coxstrong is a name i have had since high school. Last name is Cox.  

Ok, that's the Cox bit. And strong?

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

NO WORRIES :) My family's last name is Strange..... don't ask what it is, because it IS STRANGE!

My mom married into it, but as a kid that's how they filed the paperwork at school..... ah anything but SUE (thumbsu 

Well, the truth is stranger than fiction. Unless it's the Clangers that is.

6 minutes ago, Foley said:

I actually spit water out reading this:

But besides that, something about clangers and soup dragons? That's my understanding anyway.

Hey, that's a truley serious thread! 

And everything.

6 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Cool 90s band. 

'This is our art' was a great album. Saw them at the Town and Country Club in Kentish Town in 1987. The support was a band I'd never heard of called Cardiacs. Life changing evening :cloud9:

5 hours ago, Coxstrong said:

Looks like this is the place for this post.  Opening a box from CGC.  I have been told many time about the clanging and not using the bags.  Lesson learned  :-)

nice box of submissions (thumbsu thanks for the video...

Edited by 1950's war comics

4 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Ok, that's the Cox bit. And strong?

Since it's a comic book chat board I'm just disappointed he didn't choose "SuperCox". Such a terrible missed opportunity ;)!

BTW I'd be more concerned about a book coming loose in the holder with all that table clanging than just scuffing

The few videos like this that I’ve suffered through are just like this one. A monotone speaker pulling a book from the box, telling us the title, issue, and grade, and then reapeating that information before moving to the next book. If someone would unbox, reveal, and have something intelligent and insightful to say about the comics, I might find these wastes of time worthwhile.

Looks like OP just popped in to pimp his dull videos more than to share his latest efforts with the community he’s a part of.

On 7/27/2018 at 12:41 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

The few videos like this that I’ve suffered through are just like this one. A monotone speaker pulling a book from the box, telling us the title, issue, and grade, and then reapeating that information before moving to the next book. If someone would unbox, reveal, and have something intelligent and insightful to say about the comics, I might find these wastes of time worthwhile.

Looks like OP just popped in to pimp his dull videos more than to share his latest efforts with the community he’s a part of.

Harsh. 

I admit it's not exactly a Tarrantino but I enjoyed the crashing about from the MightyCox. Sorry, clanging about.

hm

Clanging about?