• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's the most copies you have of a single issue?
2 2

118 posts in this topic

Going through my DD Miller run and notice I've got 5 copies of DD issue #187. Got me thinking who has the highest number of copies of a single issue. Calamerica no doubt wins with his IM/SM #1 collection so the question is who comes in second. 

Do they have to be slabbed to count?  I'm pretty sure that the retailers on this board who have store exclusive covers are the winners if they still have thousands of copies leftover... or if they still have cases of Adv. of Superman #500 white bag. lol

4 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

There's a boardie with several dozen Tec 187s

Hey Gotham Kid you're in Paris right? Was just in Paris and stumbled upon this crazy wonderful back issue comic shop called La Bande Des Cines located on 83 rue Pajol. Ever been there?

11 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Do they have to be slabbed to count?  I'm pretty sure that the retailers on this board who have store exclusive covers are the winners if they still have thousands of copies leftover... or if they still have cases of Adv. of Superman #500 white bag. lol

Ok, good point. Nevermind all. 

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

Ok, good point. Nevermind all. 

If they have to be slabbed, then it could be an interesting topic.  I thought I read that the Iron Man / Sub-Mariner slab collection was broken up... so we may not know the immediate answer.  hm

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I have a friend that bought 1000 copies of Spiderman 800 to get the variants.

Cover price $9.99 so:

1000 x10= $10,000. Must be some nice variants in that collection