• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's the most copies you have of a single issue?
2 2

118 posts in this topic

It is cool but it's also comic abuse. I don't understand why some people think that keeping the original bundle intact is better than bagging and boarding the individual books.

If you slabbed the best ten copies, wouldn't they sell for more than the bundle as is?

I’ve got 250 copies of Marvel Team Up Annual 4 since the guy had a long box of them and gave me a price I couldn’t pass up. Second would be the 70 copies of New Mutants 100 I’ve still got floating around.

Ive got 6 slabbed copies of Fantastic Four Annual 6 and 4 more due to be back soon from the graders.

40 minutes ago, shadroch said:

It is cool but it's also comic abuse. I don't understand why some people think that keeping the original bundle intact is better than bagging and boarding the individual books.

I could easily find 40-50 copies of the book to form a bundle.  But I doubt I will ever find another bundle of this book. 

40 minutes ago, shadroch said:

If you slabbed the best ten copies, wouldn't they sell for more than the bundle as is?

I never considered the grades of the books so I took another look.  Doubt any of these are high grade. 

201654530_IMG_20180727_220451373_LL1.thumb.jpg.6c6e9b150f89d3d1857fccc6b0968307.jpg

7 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I could easily find 40-50 copies of the book to form a bundle.  But I doubt I will ever find another bundle of this book. 

I never considered the grades of the books so I took another look.  Doubt any of these are high grade. 

201654530_IMG_20180727_220451373_LL1.thumb.jpg.6c6e9b150f89d3d1857fccc6b0968307.jpg

can you tell us the background on how you got that bundle? I think it is cool as is

On 7/27/2018 at 10:17 PM, 01TheDude said:

can you tell us the background on how you got that bundle? I think it is cool as is

I bought the bundle from jools&jim on the Boards.

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

37 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The important thing is they found an owner who appreciates them.

I am glad to be a cliche, I have about 50 Bloodshot 1 foil enhanced BWS cover. They are in great shape, 9.6/9.8s I would think. I also have about 40-50 copies of Superman 400, the anniversary issue with the groovy pinups, great ones by Moebius and Sienkiewicz. I got each in a collection I bought (but not the same collection).

I also just bought 20 copies of the Moebius ASM800 cover in the hope that I can get at least 1 9.8 out of them.

For slabs, I have 3 Batman Harley Quinn #nn and 3 SS4.

15 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

It was part of a big collection I bought 6 or 7 years ago, and sold here on the boards. 

The owner was a baseball card dealer who died suddenly.  What his wife didn't know is that he also had a HUGE secret stash of comic books tucked away in several large storage units.

He started buying baseball card collections back in the '80s, and continued through the early '00s.  And in the '90s in particular, he was buying out whole sports-card stores which were either closing or in financial trouble, and also cleaned out show dealers who were getting out of the trading card business. 

The comics were an after-thought, and were often bundled into bulk deals he made -- i.e., if he wanted the cards, he had to take all the comics, too.

His sports card stock was huge and insanely deep, with complete sets from the '50s and '60s of very high quality.  From what I heard, his wife sold it all at auction, which netted her quite a tidy sum over several years.

But the comics just got dumped into storage and were completely forgotten, until his wife learned about the storage units.

By the time I got to the collection--a sprawling mess which nearly filled an entire 2-car garage--she had already sold 10-20 long white boxes at a yard sale. 

Who knows what was in there? But the absence of marquee Marvel titles from the '70s on (Spidey, UXM, etc.) was not a good sign.

What I did find was 150-200 long white boxes, 50 or so magazine boxes, and another pallet stacked with short whites, all heavy with '80s and '90s overstock (lots of multiples), but also plenty of decent BA runs from all publishers, including a healthy supply of 30 and 35-cent Marvel variants.

It was a long time ago.  But if I remember correctly, the Nick Fury distributor bundle was in a magazine box, which also contained multiple (un-bundled) copies of the same issues of Playboy and Sports Illustrated from the early '70s.

It was a great find, and I'm glad it found a good home!

Edited by jools&jim

Superman 9 first appearance of Anguish . She can't be touched and is super strong. Superman 10 first cover appearance. If you know how people are number 10 could be seen as first appearance years from now, All except my first two copies were pulled out of $1 bins. She may never amount to much but hey with the way characters get "hot" what do I have to lose. Could be used later to buy other comics.

Deathstroke 1 is a easy pickup. As NTT 2 contuines to get pricer and pricer this comic countines to go up. Use to be a  1 comic all day. Now going for 10-15 bucks. 

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

4 hours ago, jools&jim said:
14 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I bought the bundle from JimJim on the Boards.

Close enough...! :bigsmile:

Sorry about that. I'm horrible with names.:foryou:

17 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

600 copies each of Brigade #1 gold, Supreme #1 gold, Youngblood Strikefile #1 gold, and Youngblood #0 gold.

Yay!

were those acquired during the speculation days or some other method (sorry-- not familiar with the books)? How long have you been holding on to those books? You could probably wall paper entire rooms with those copies.

Edited by 01TheDude

I used to have a bunch of sealed cases but pretty much sold them all off. I have a case of Invasion 1s and another of the first color Grendal.

As far as key books go, I have at least 20 stabbed TTA 57s and an equal amount of FF 25s.

On 7/27/2018 at 2:05 PM, NoMan said:

ok, let's make it slabbed. Thanks valiantman!

Who has the most slabbed copies of a single issue?

On 7/27/2018 at 2:34 PM, NoMan said:
On 7/27/2018 at 2:33 PM, batman_fan said:

Most is probably Jungle Action 23 but I do have five copies of Batman 25

4D3FD63D-2F6E-491B-BFC2-E6F5BD331E3B.jpeg

^^

Hey, you are breaking your own criteria rules here.  (tsk)

These books don't look slabbed to me.  lol