• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Deals
6 6

416 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2020 at 6:40 PM, allthingskryptonite said:

I bought a couple of these.  They seem legit but frankly, there's no provenance and it's hard to say.  Definitely, a buyer beware situation.

Edited by Randall Dowling
Monotony

12 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I bought a couple of these.  They seem legit but frankly, there's no provenance and it's hard to say.  Definitely, a buyer beware situation.

I guess at that price it's not the end of the world if it isn't...

2 hours ago, piper said:

I guess at that price it's not the end of the world if it isn't...

Depending on where they end up.  A few of them have ended around $200 which is a bit of a gamble, IMO.  The other thing that makes me unsure is that I purchased a cover proof for Eerie 41 from a board member, @r100comics, and his proofs seemed legit.  The seller on eBay sold another cover proof for Eerie 41 a few weeks back.  Was there more than one?  The ones on eBay feel a little different than the one I got from our board friend.  But the paste ups and such do seem like production pieces.  I really can't say with any clarity what to think.  That's all I know.

They are 100% legit.

The Ebay seller did a deal for the whole collection from the same source I bought mine from.

That original source bought out the entire Warren archive of proofs following their bankruptcy in 1983 and held onto them until selling pieces recently.

There is more than one proof of certain issues but the production proofs, with paste-ups etc, are one of one.

1 minute ago, chevalmeow said:
4 minutes ago, wombat said:

WHAT COLOR ARE THE STAPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says they have the blue stripe.  Can't tell with these old eyes.  He also has only 73 feed backs since 2012.

I was just making fun. I have no idea how to tell but that seems to be a big topic of discussion. 

2 hours ago, chevalmeow said:

At the risk of opening "that" topic again...

Eerie ashcan.

I am tempted to make an offer but it would be so low as to be impolite.  I hate being impolite. 

can the guy send you a picture of the back cover, the sheen on the black writing should be alot more shine to it than the white of the page.