$150 credit?
2 2

14 posts in this topic

2 posts

So this is my first submission. I purchased the upgraded membership for $150 that said it comes with a $150 CGC credit. When I go to make my first submission (8 books, about $212 in total cost) the check out says nothing about a credit and appears it will charge my card the full amount.

Does the credit apply later? I realize shipping and other fees are excluded etc etc

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2,033 posts

Thank you for contacting us.The credits are applied when your submission is received at the office. I recommend including a note on or with your invoice that says you are using your credit. That way it is clear to the accounting department. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

169 posts

Just to make it a little bit clearer:

CGC doesn't charge your credit card immediately after you complete the online submission. They only charge your credit card after they've received your submission, verified the invoice and the contents of the package. As Dena kinda mentions above, it's at this point the accounting department will charge your credit card. So even though your invoice says $212 (just for the grading charges I assume), your credit will be applied before they charge your credit card.

2,033 posts

Yes, that is correct. Your card is not charged until the submission is received at our facility.

39 posts
On 8/7/2018 at 7:20 PM, dena said:

Yes, that is correct. Your card is not charged until the submission is received at our facility.

HI dena. i have some unused credit with CGC and have sent emails adsking how much of it is available, but have gotten no replies as of yet .I would like to submit comics at  FanExpo Canada but my account will expire on 8/31.Will CGC grade my stuff--since I already have some credit left and I am of course going to pay for the others ? Also how do Ifind out exactly how much credit I have left ? Thanks

11,369 posts
On 8/29/2018 at 11:47 PM, subash said:

HI dena. i have some unused credit with CGC and have sent emails adsking how much of it is available, but have gotten no replies as of yet .I would like to submit comics at  FanExpo Canada but my account will expire on 8/31.Will CGC grade my stuff--since I already have some credit left and I am of course going to pay for the others ? Also how do Ifind out exactly how much credit I have left ? Thanks

My advice would be to call them. I don't think they are good about acknowledging E-Mails.

39 posts

Thanks Bob . I would have thought a forum post would elicit a reply--Oh well

11,369 posts
2 hours ago, subash said:

Thanks Bob . I would have thought a forum post would elicit a reply--Oh well

One would think but I suspect they only look at these posts occasionally. They are good about answering the phone but you may encounter a busy signal, especially first thing on Tuesday, after a 3 day weekend. Lots of pent up demand ! Good luck.

67 posts
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:47 AM, subash said:

Hi, I'm sorry you haven't received an email response why don't you send me a PM here with your member number and name and I'll check with accounting for you. 

Thanks! 

408 posts
On 9/1/2018 at 10:08 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

My advice would be to call them. I don't think they are good about acknowledging E-Mails.

100% agree... UNLESS they e-mail YOU with a question. Then they're pretty good. But otherwise, do as Bob says and pick up the phone. :)

2 posts
On 9/1/2018 at 7:08 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Thank you for this info. I've been frustrated trying to get a hold of CGC. I've emailed them quite a few times and no response. 

95 posts
6 hours ago, Kaleo1980 said:

Thank you for this info. I've been frustrated trying to get a hold of CGC. I've emailed them quite a few times and no response. 

May I please ask everyone who is saying that they haven't heard from CGC in months, what email you are contacting?  Which address the emails are going to that are not getting answered? 

1,271 posts
On 1/10/2019 at 2:42 AM, Kaleo1980 said:

That is unusual. My emails have always been replied to in a day or so and I have also called directly and had info given to me right away.