• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No, I don't have it anymore...

49 posts in this topic

but I wish I did. What's the one piece from your collection that you sold that makes you angry with yourself or sad when someone asks you "Cool, do you still have it?" and you have to answer with "No, I don't have it anymore." Mine is my complete MOTU mini comic collection from when I was a kid. Still miss it to this day and it's been 20+ years.?

Silver surfer #4 cgc 8.0 with cream to off white pages. I got it for under $400 A couple of years back, and I traded it and an ASM 129 cgc 4.5 for a wolverine vs. Hulk statue.... I miss them both actually....easiestly one of my major blunders...

Then there was the restored incomplete pgx 4.0 hulk 181 :roflmao: that I don't feel tooooo bad about but still kinda ha.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Probably a really nice Fantastic Four #16 (at least VF+ condition) that I let go for a very reasonable price at the time. This was well before CGC existed, back when you could still buy a nice copy of many earlier FF's for around $100 or so. (I purchased quite a few copies of FF #13 for around that price back then---they were very reasonable and they sold well). Ah well, hindsight is 20/20...:flamed: 

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

mine is without a doubt this:

front-1.jpg

I paid $6200.00 for it in Feb 2013, and sold it for $8500 1 year later. While I made some decent coin on the book, a mere 2 months later Hulk #1 skyrocketed in value and now the same book is $20,000.

Oh yeah, that's painful...

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

My Joker Batman/Detective issues.

Sold them in 2011 when I needed money.

Included #23, #44, #49, #66, #73, Tec #85,#91, #118, #149

They were all pretty decent, too. Sold them for $200-$300 each.

You can see what they sell for now.

Hrmm, yes you bring up another book I regret selling, my Tec 69:

det69_zpsd7489b22.jpg

Sat on my convention show wall for a couple of years at asking $400.00, then put it up for sale in a board VCC and it sold for that same price.

Curious what it is worth now just 2 years later.....

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Hrmm, yes you bring up another book I regret selling, my Tec 69:

det69_zpsd7489b22.jpg

Sat on my convention show wall for a couple of years at asking $400.00, then put it up for sale in a board VCC and it sold for that same price.

Curious what it is worth now just 2 years later.....

You don't want to know.

3 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Oh well.  I thought this was a thread about when a buyer comes up to your booth asking for a hot book from last years show and if I still have it.

I thought the same thing but people who take books from a sales thread from last year.  I kick myself for missing such a sweet deal and then notice how old the thread is :facepalm:

so what's the secret of just letting go? how to laugh about letting great books go cause you were in dire straights (a bad situation as opposed to being a member of the rock band) and needed the cash.

How to look forward without regret and not dwell in the past?

Thanks in advance

Science 2 5.5 for 400 bucks.

World's Finest 3 5.0 for 500 bucks.

Batman 2 back cover missing for a thousand. I regret it because it's a book that's hard to replace, and I should have been satisfied with my ratty copy.

I also had all of those Joker Tec covers like 69 and 71 that I sold to a wonderful boardie, but it was so long ago I don't regret it, especially because I think they're a ripoff at today's prices.

1 minute ago, Larryw7 said:

I also had all of those Joker Tec covers like 69 and 71 that I sold to a wonderful boardie, but it was so long ago I don't regret it, especially because I think they're a ripoff at today's prices.

Yeah I can understand how you feel that way.

I had a 71 as well that I sold just a few years ago:

Det71raw_zpsd3768d6e.jpeg

They're fun books, but I don't care if I ever have another one. To me they're Thousand dollar books tops. I'm not paying 4 grand for a remaindered Tec  69 with half the cover missing.

Edited by Larryw7
wrong book