• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 1.....what do you give it?

12 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

As I scrolled through the photos, the grade kept going lower. At one point I was at 4.0...then 3.5...and with the last pic, 3.0. Still, an attractive copy. Love the Kirby signature, too...(thumbsu

Depending what day of the week I bounce between 3.0-3.5 or thinking if it were pressed it might somehow get that lucky break and possibly go 4.0    Interesting to note in the GPA that both 3.0 and 3.5 for the book are sitting right at 10,400 for either grade so ........unlessi it can hit 4.0 the price doesn't seem that much different grade to grade where this book is condition wise. The Kirby signature is a killer for me too....splash, not the cover and in such a key book too. I agree with your grading suggestion about the book  Its at a grade where it was still affordable yet is complete, fairly well attached and legible

11 hours ago, gradejunky said:

This is one of my grail books I might never own as it is just too pricey now...nice book

I bought most of the supposed "grail" type books I have during the late eighties when a person could still afford them without a credit card or house mortage....I remember back then everyone was grabbing punisher issues and wolverine appearances and Lobo was super hot.  I would buy a single key like the hulk issue and make payments for a month or so and do without any other books or new issues just to get the keys before .......today is proof of that thinking. I could never afford those books today in current price levels ever.