• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181 CGC 9.0 Sells for $6,550
1 1

93 posts in this topic

Go to a show and ask a dealer if they have the first Wolverine.  Most sellers will hand you a copy of Hulk 181.  If they don't they usually say, "I don't have the first appearance but I do have a copy of Hulk 180."

:baiting:

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Go to a show and ask a dealer if they have the first Wolverine.  Most sellers will hand you a copy of Hulk 181.  If they don't they usually say, "I don't have the first appearance but I do have a copy of Hulk 180."

:baiting:

It must be nice having knowledgeable dealers.  Around here (mid-USA flyover states), the first Wolverine is Wolverine #1... from 1988.

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

It must be nice having knowledgeable dealers.  Around here (mid-USA flyover states), the first Wolverine is Wolverine #1... from 1988.

Not even #1 of the Frank Miller mini?

10 minutes ago, the blob said:
3 hours ago, valiantman said:

Not even #1 of the Frank Miller mini?

I'm exaggerating for the most part, but a comic convention in this area will have dealers with mid-grade CGC slabs like Batman #181 on tables next to another "dealer" guy who only heard about Deadpool at the movies and was surprised to find some Deadpool comics in his 50 longboxes.  Now those are $5 each, unless it has a #1, which means it's a Deadpool #1 variant that's automatically priced at $40.

On 9/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, Skeptic_Kepp said:

How can people just send $8100 to some no feedback seller? Cray cray.

Paypal it's pretty safe for a buyer.

There is actually more of a risk selling an $8100 comic than buying one.

Buyer could say he never got it or other stuff.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

If the $8100 sale of a 9.2 is isn't "legitimate"  - than it is a "normal" scam. Like in the seller is selling a book they do not own, they intend to grab the $$ and run. It is not a sale intended to inflate the value of the book. 

Two weeks earlier a Hulk 181 in CGC 9.2 sold for $8000. The last 9.4 sold for $9600. 

Even if the sale is a scam and the seller doesn't have the book and the sale is not completed, the sale represents what someone was willing to pay for the book. 

Hulk 181 is just on fire. Period. 

On 9/10/2018 at 5:18 PM, mattn792 said:

Here's an alleged 9.2 sale at $8100 from this morning:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-CGC-9-2-/263914973800?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

I give it a 25% chance of being legit.

You nailed it! Just relisted for 7400. This thing is becoming a freaking joke!

I think it's safe to assume any ebayer with very low feedback selling a high grade 181 is full of s**t!

17 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I think it's safe to assume any ebayer with very low feedback selling a high grade 181 is full of s**t!

Of course we can now also wonder if he even has the book, or just ripped off the image from somewhere. 

Looking at it again, it dawned on me that I bought a very similar looking 9.2 earlier this year (I've since sold it), but the cert number wasn't a match to this listing.  But who knows, maybe this dude was the one who bought it (Greg Reece sold it for me, so I don't know who the buyer was) and tried to press it up (which would have been dumb, my former copy was, is, and will always be a 9.2).

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:
On 9/10/2018 at 4:18 PM, mattn792 said:

Here's an alleged 9.2 sale at $8100 from this morning:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-CGC-9-2-/263914973800?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

I give it a 25% chance of being legit.

It just "sold" the 9.2 at $7,400, I don't know what the "best offer" was... somewhere between $7,000 and $7,400 though (thumbsu 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
the somewhere cost