• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ten Copies or less, CGC Census, based on OSG value
2 2

134 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, comicjack said:

This is pretty scarce at only six graded top being mile high the Larson second and three a 4.0 one at 1.8 2.0 Overstreet at a big 87.00 bucks.

102_6052.thumb.JPG.5eacfedc68b03cf026450b7e6d2b1a36.JPG

:applause:SWEET! Another tough Harvey, and congrats on the Pedigree. 

I noticed a couple of images from my 2018 posts have gone missing.  

It's entirely possible I moved them at some point and broke the link, but since they're no longer in the CGC Census I'll post them in spoilers; without labels...

Spoiler

The HIT Comics #18 is one of two high grade copies in my collection, formerly a CGC 8.0 copy...   

edited-image_zpskuq6kurf.jpg.f1769174b86bd8bbf45a393308f56a93.jpg

Spoiler

The Prize Comics #20 was formerly in a CGC holder; fewer than 10 graded copies.  It's the Jon Berk Collection copy and also high grade...

dd07a1ae-8868-4d5d-acec-efa943736170_zpsf9pymtyj.jpg.9b4848f605078ba70bbf253ab7456fcd.jpg

:cheers:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
...rephrasing and ale!

I just found my 1st Gerber 10... well... I found a coverless copy with 36 pages of it.

Have we determined if Gerber numbers are even remotely correct?.  

New Adventure comics 13.  It shocked me to look in the Gerber guide and see that he considers it a 10.

I see 9 of these listed on the census.

Here's a Splash page from the inside.

IMG_9315.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

Scrolling through the thread it would seem the $100 in GD thresh hold may not be high enough to gauge actual scarcity via low census numbers, as there are some books that don't seem all that scarce when raw shown on this thread. When checking the census from time to time, I'm surprised at still how many books have less than 10 slabbed copies, ones that are both reasonably desirable and sell for at least a couple hundred in GD but don't appear super scarce raw, at least not in VG or less. 

I'm not sure that census numbers are that useful a metric for gauging scarcity until you get to books that routinely sell in the four figures in GD, and given the recent run up in the market, I don't even know if that's reliable anymore.