• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC bags are terrible

30 posts in this topic

Anyone else notice that the bags the slabs come in are thinner and more of a PITA to work with, than the kind they used to use? 

Just an observation. 

Welcome to Friday.

Edited by Transplant

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

they are flimsy, and tear more easily.

I find I am instantly replacing them with higher quality bags I already have. It would be a nice touch if CGC could supply your new slabs in more quality bags. (thumbsu

It would be a VERY NICE added value for them to do so, given the cost of their services.

6 hours ago, Transplant said:

Anyone else notice that the bags the slabs come in are thinner and more of a PITA to work with, than the kind they used to use? 

Just an observation. 

Welcome to Friday.

open up that wallet moneybags

Spoiler

010_6.jpg

Creep engines, newton rings, inner well scratches, rubbish flimsy bags.

Why don't we just put our comics in a bucket and poop on them? Much cheaper.

7 hours ago, Transplant said:

Just an observation. 

Welcome to Friday.

That's the first thing I noticed, when I opened my box from CGC yesterday.  A mylite2 legal size would be nice.

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:

Because we are lemmings and want to see if pressing corrected the spine roll on our submitted comics, and still get a blue label. I am sure CGC will monetize :insane: the value of supplying collector-dealers with Mylites 2.

18 hours ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:

imagine if you went to Mcdonald's and ordered a Big Mac combo with fries and a drink. After paying for the service you get your order and:

-the wrapping the Big Mac came in is flimsy and cheap and rips easily as you try to open it and your Big Mac falls to the floor.

-the container your fries came in is weak and the bottom falls out as you pick it up spilling your fries everywhere.

-angry that your meal is ruined you pick up your drink and in picking up the cup you punched holes in the cheap container with your fingers and your drink spills all over you and the table.

Hopefully you do not control the rights to Mcdonald's container discussions on the boards as well. If you do let me know and I will change this to be about Burger King.

31 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

imagine if you went to Mcdonald's and ordered a Big Mac combo with fries and a drink. After paying for the service you get your order and:

-the wrapping the Big Mac came in is flimsy and cheap and rips easily as you try to open it and your Big Mac falls to the floor.

-the container your fries came in is weak and the bottom falls out as you pick it up spilling your fries everywhere.

-angry that your meal is ruined you pick up your drink and in picking up the cup you punched holes in the cheap container with your fingers and your drink spills all over you and the table.

Hopefully you do not control the rights to Mcdonald's container discussions on the boards as well. If you do let me know and I will change this to be about Burger King.

McDonalds analogies are fine Karl.

But Wendy's is off limits :sumo:

On 10/5/2018 at 4:37 PM, WhatMeWorry said:

Yeah, and the static cling. WTH?

This. Not complaining about long term storage. That’s what Hotflips bag are for. These are bad for just taking out and reinserting them in the same bag. They’re so thin that the static makes it hard to do.