Incredible Hulk #181 9.2
2 2

15 posts in this topic

1 post

Incredible Hulk #181 9.2. The 1st appearance of Wolverine. Wendigo appearance. Off white to white pages. CGC UNIVERSAL Unrestored, Graded 9.2. Sent off this year. I’m the 2nd owner. A Lein Wein Story

Herb Trimpe and Jack Abel Art

Not a reprint. Original from 1974. Cgc is intact and sealed. No damaging to book nor case. Rich colors, well taken care of!

739326F2-A98B-482E-9AB9-B2E3744C44D6.jpeg

9DB7BFFA-839F-4827-84E9-5F3637AEC836.jpeg

58A9E2BD-7338-4171-99DF-A399220F17E8.jpeg

4EE790E8-1AD7-46DE-8B74-A9B972BF4FDD.jpeg

65D4ED21-8617-446E-BF71-EE62031BC481.jpeg

05BBE49E-0174-44BA-888D-98C389D31CD3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,944 posts

Welcome to the boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,944 posts
9 hours ago, ninanina said:

what's this post about???:pullhair:

Right! Does it have that" I'm selling it " vibe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,770 posts
1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

Right! Does it have that" I'm selling it " vibe?

Well, since it's not an 'official' sales thread, I'm going to state what I think of this book. I think this guy bought this book and did a home grown press, it looks terrible. I see warping at the top. It looks like the date stamp ink is smeared. It appears he did not clean the spine area and the press has 'burned' in the dirty areas. The spine is flat as a communion wafer. The book is way off center, with the press probably accentuating the width of the white stripe. An overall terrible looking book but I will say the case looks good with no Newton Rings !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,770 posts
11 hours ago, ninanina said:

what's this post about???:pullhair:

I think he meant it as a PGM thread. In that case, I would grade this 'manufactured 9.2' as an 8.5, maybe a 9.0 with a proper press but the ink smeared date stamp cannot be helped now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 posts

I saw this on CL this week. I was told the book has never been pressed in the 12 or 13 years that the owner has had the book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,944 posts
2 hours ago, jas1vans said:

I saw this on CL this week. I was told the book has never been pressed in the 12 or 13 years that the owner has had the book.

Yeah and Santa is playing hockey with the tooth fairy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,944 posts
1 hour ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

I can't help myself...let's compare 

IH181(92w)+50+1.jpg

IH181(92w)+50+2.jpg

IH181(92w)+50+3.jpg

Now THAT'S a 9.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,770 posts
4 hours ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

I can't help myself...let's compare 

IH181(92w)+50+1.jpg

IH181(92w)+50+2.jpg

IH181(92w)+50+3.jpg

(thumbsu  Absolutely no comparison. Love the strong colors on your book ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 posts

Wow. That is quite a difference!

I was interested in the book but something didn't feel right. I'm glad this thread popped up so I wasn't beating myself up about missing out on a Hulk 181 again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,523 posts
On 10/10/2018 at 12:48 PM, Chris12019 said:

Incredible Hulk #181 9.2. The 1st appearance of Wolverine. Wendigo appearance. Off white to white pages. CGC UNIVERSAL Unrestored, Graded 9.2. Sent off this year. I’m the 2nd owner. A Lein Wein Story

Herb Trimpe and Jack Abel Art

Not a reprint. Original from 1974. Cgc is intact and sealed. No damaging to book nor case. Rich colors, well taken care of!

739326F2-A98B-482E-9AB9-B2E3744C44D6.jpeg

9DB7BFFA-839F-4827-84E9-5F3637AEC836.jpeg

58A9E2BD-7338-4171-99DF-A399220F17E8.jpeg

4EE790E8-1AD7-46DE-8B74-A9B972BF4FDD.jpeg

65D4ED21-8617-446E-BF71-EE62031BC481.jpeg

05BBE49E-0174-44BA-888D-98C389D31CD3.jpeg

Welcome to the boards and congrats on having a Hulk 181 in your collection! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2