• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skottie Young Collecting
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Anyone else collecting the Skottie Young Variants? I have been a collector off and on since childhood and back into in a full swing, my wife and daughter have both gotten into the hobby due to their fondness for his Little Marvel cover work. Admittedly, I enjoy them as well. It’s been great taking them to stores and shows and seeing them jump into the long boxes on the hunt for covers they don’t have and watching them bag, board and file them in their dedicated Skottie Young box. We also picked up the run of I Hate Fairyland which is a very enjoyable book. With some off the sales MidTown has had of late we have been able to put a dent in the collection getting books at $1-$2 range. We are about 80 books in to his covers so far and have more to hunt for. 

Just curious if anyone else is into collecting his covers. 

2509EE20-D429-4226-982D-1BB99C8649C0.jpeg

Heck yeah!  A Skottie thread  :)

I have collected some of the 'Marvel Baby' books and I also enjoy some of his Cable & Deadpool covers.  Just this morning (as I was scanning it), I noticed that he did the cover to Venom #15 from 2003.

As always, ASM 611 is a classic Spidey/Deadpool cover

Edited by Pittsburgh

Sure do. Have some of his baby variants, his 90’s work and a few signed. His Middlewest story is pretty good too. 

Actually trying to down size since I have a few doubles. Been a while since I’ve checked the boxes though. 

He does so many covers, I buy the ones the grab my attention and make my crack up.  I have found that his covers often sell for less than the regular covers, so it works out well for me.  I am building a complete HoX and PoX Skottie set at the moment.