• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] FANTASTIC FOUR #49 CGC 8.0

22 posts in this topic

First take it in the thread trumps any PM conversations 

Payment: Paypal  ,money order or  check (must clear first}

NO RETURN ON GRADED BOOKS 

Shipping to the USA only. OUT OF U.S.A NEED TO DISCUSS.

FREE SHIPPING.

FANTASTIC FOUR #49 CGC 8.0

PAGES OFF WHITE/WHITE

DATE STAMP ON GALACTUS'S BIG FOREHEAD 

ASKING $1550.00      $1450.00

ff49.jpg

ff49b.jpg

ff491.jpg

ff492.jpg

Edited by jzeze

10 hours ago, ROBTOTHEC said:

I'm just curious, is something going on currently with this book to command that kind of price?

Just wondering why would you ask for more than $1,000 over OPG value? 

I sold my 8.0 oww privately and locally(no shipping or insurance) within $50 of this price on Thursday....it never made it to this sales board but you can see what it looked like in the pgm section 

22 hours ago, ROBTOTHEC said:

I'm just curious, is something going on currently with this book to command that kind of price?

I'm just curious (and wondering) why you would threadkrap in his sales thread. You've been here long enough to know this would have been better said in a PM.

23 hours ago, ROBTOTHEC said:

Even if you don't have/use GPA, take a look at these sold FF 49 CGC 8.0 that sold recently on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=fantastic+four+%2349+cgc+8.0&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

$1540

$1789.95

$1438

I didn't go to watchcount to find out the offer accepted on the two @ $1899.

I don't collect SA much anymore but the price here seems like a bargain or at least right in line with these recent sales.

Sorry for the thread sidetrack.

3 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

I'm just curious (and wondering) why you would threadkrap in his sales thread. You've been here long enough to know this would have been better said in a PM.

It was a simple question and I got the answer, so thanks. 

Just checked in on thread, (couldn't sign on my phone, don't know if anyone else is having this problem).  I had this book on ebay and kept on getting lowball offers for  $300 from a buyer. When I kept rejecting them he wrote back that the book was worth $300 2 years ago. He responded by putting a negative feedback on my ebay account, "TERRIBLE EBAYER!!! BEWARE!!!!!.  Don't know if it is prudent to put his ebay info on here.  But in response to Robtothec, I am pretty sure everyone on here has an idea if an asking price is outlandish or not through the various outlets such as ebay, gpa,etc...

25 minutes ago, jzeze said:

Just checked in on thread, (couldn't sign on my phone, don't know if anyone else is having this problem).  I had this book on ebay and kept on getting lowball offers for  $300 from a buyer. When I kept rejecting them he wrote back that the book was worth $300 2 years ago. He responded by putting a negative feedback on my ebay account, "TERRIBLE EBAYER!!! BEWARE!!!!!.  Don't know if it is prudent to put his ebay info on here.  But in response to Robtothec, I am pretty sure everyone on here has an idea if an asking price is outlandish or not through the various outlets such as ebay, gpa,etc...

He gave you negative feedback without having a transaction with you? What am I missing...?

Edited by Callaway29

3 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

He gave you negative feedback without having a transaction with you? What am I missing...?

He made offers of 300, 305. 310, after third attempt I figured I would accept the offer and cancel the transaction so I would be able to get his real info just in case he tried to do something similar or cause a problem with another user id.

3 hours ago, jzeze said:

He made offers of 300, 305. 310, after third attempt I figured I would accept the offer and cancel the transaction so I would be able to get his real info just in case he tried to do something similar or cause a problem with another user id.

Sorry, bud, but accepting and then canceling the order is asking for negative feedback. You should have kept on rejecting his offers.

10 minutes ago, JohnH19 said:

Sorry, bud, but accepting and then canceling the order is asking for negative feedback. You should have kept on rejecting his offers.

I realize that but he kept referring to me as "bro" so I think everyone agrees I made the right move.

6 hours ago, jzeze said:

YEP!  I learned my lesson to research the book first myself as I did after I posted the question.  I was just in awe it was selling for that price.  GOOD LUCK!