• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The hard to find club in general
7 7

611 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I believe this is the last Baker romance cover St John published.  The cover had originally been intended for Wartime Romances 17.  The contents are reprints.  Tough book.  Never seen a high-grade copy. 

2018-01-08-0001_zpsrvpml7cq.JPG

according to the census this is the high grade copy. :) 

Edited by fett

51 minutes ago, fett said:
1 hour ago, hhwolfman said:

One I have been after for years. 

20181023_125827-1.jpg

this is one of those I've know about and wanted for years, but just never found the umph to get when I saw it. of course now I find out it may be a scarce book. :) 

It is a very cool book, one of the great robot covers, but I wouldn't call it scarce. It is simply one of those books that folks rarely part with and therefore hard to find. Patience. One will show up for you.

19 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

It is a very cool book, one of the great robot covers, but I wouldn't call it scarce. It is simply one of those books that folks rarely part with and therefore hard to find. Patience. One will show up for you.

That's a great insight, Richard, and goes to what I was getting at early on when I said to @comicjack that I didn't want to be the one to lower the bar for Hall of Fame voting, so to speak. It's also what I take it @Point Five was getting at when he said some of the books he thought about he then realized nine guys on here had. I've wondered that about Police 109 in particular; is it that uncommon or just long-hoarded? I've seen it three times; bought two and one got away on eBay. So I'm not sure. Just musing in print.

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

That's a great insight, Richard, and goes to what I was getting at early on when I said to @comicjack that I didn't want to be the one to lower the bar for Hall of Fame voting, so to speak. It's also what I take it @Point Five was getting at when he said some of the books he thought about he then realized nine guys on here had. I've wondered that about Police 109 in particular; is it that uncommon or just long-hoarded? I've seen it three times; bought two and one got away on eBay. So I'm not sure. Just musing in print.

I imagine Police 109 survives in much smaller numbers than Brick Bradford 6.

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I believe this is the last Baker romance cover St John published.  The cover had originally been intended for Wartime Romances 17.  The contents are reprints.  Tough book.  Never seen a high-grade copy. 

2018-01-08-0001_zpsrvpml7cq.JPG

I think your looking at the highgrade copy right now lol

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

good to know-hopefully a few good copies will surface at the right time. :) 

6 hours ago, Point Five said:

Here's one that's a real bear to find. This copy is a bit chippy and I always thought I'd find an upgrade someday, but never managed it.

thrilling7.jpg.fa0d127496453846db3998ebb92cd411.jpg

Gino posted Weird Comics #20, and man is it a nice one!  Here's #17, another toughie.

weird17.jpg.cc436ea39c7111211e5509302a675999.jpg

A lot going on here.

rangers3.jpg.b114953d3be1123408f836f4d998d791.jpg

Gosh these are all so darn awesome!!!! Your on a roll!! Love that Zip 22 too as you know hehe!! That Rangers 3 has blown up too if a copy ever comes up which is VERY infrequently it goes for big bucks. Still haven’t landed that Weird 17 pal the hunt continues!! great posts!!

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

The Harvey b&w giveaways are all tough.  Flash Gordon 5 is the toughest, since it probably doesn't even exist, despite rumors over the years of people having seen a copy.  You can't get any tougher than not existing! :)

lf_zpsd893d5dc.JPEG

Never even seen this one!! Very cool!! I do have that Flash Gordon 5 though............JK hehe!! Can’t get any tougher than not existing i may have to borrow that line here and there haha!!