• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The hard to find club in general
7 7

611 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2018 at 10:29 AM, sagii said:
On 11/20/2018 at 7:41 AM, comicjack said:

As we get closer to this season this book has been tough to find in decent shape.I love some of the covers out of this publisher with a long history from the birth of comic books. 

102_5603.thumb.JPG.d375330b96b148a00c156619d19dc910.JPG

Cool books as always Jack! Most Boardies get excited about Halloween to post Horror covers, but I've been around long enough to know Jack is all about Santa :banana:

You know, come to think of it, you never see him on Dec 24th. hm

Possible that he actually is ....

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

That's because you've bought up every copy out there! :baiting:

lol Somebody has got to show the Quality pub. Bakers some love :D

I regret passing on the Brides Secrets #7 on HA two weeks ago. Two of those wouldn't be such a bad thing. I was shocked at how low it went for when even in the listing they said it was the first copy to come through their doors. And I believe it to be one of the 'better' Quality Bakers 

Anyway the two copies of Love Confessions 54 that sold on eBay back to back one week after the other was interesting: The higher grade copy was sold by a notable dealer and only involved two bidders :whistle:. It did not mention Matt Baker in the heading.

The second copy was sold by a notable Boardie , was lower grade than the first but did mention Baker, had more bidder and got a better price. I timed my bid too late on that one though ...

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Great book and so hard to find. Being a premium and pinback collector, I was amazed to find that there is a “Phantom Creeps” club pin offered in this issue. Never seen one but I’d be all over it if I were lucky enough to find one for sale. If you could post that page, I’d love to see what it looks like...

102_5646.thumb.JPG.927232800db2553858136b5013a20f1a.JPG

Edited by comicjack

49 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks Jack! A weird one for sure. Now that I know what it look like all I gotta do is find one...:roflmao:

This pin is slightly different but I guess it is real since it was on ebay...hm

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/phantom-creeps-adventure-club-robot-1786475813

phantom pin.jpg

4 hours ago, jpepx78 said:

This pin is slightly different but I guess it is real since it was on ebay...hm

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/phantom-creeps-adventure-club-robot-1786475813

phantom pin.jpg

Wow, thanks for that. Looks cool. The actual pin was often a bit different from the original premium offer. This one looks real. I mean who would repro something like this? Sure wish I'd seen it on the bay...