• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
9 9

454 posts in this topic

Here's  the last  item  for  tonight.   

The Magic of Frank  Frazetta 

EARLY  portfolio,   staplebound.   I have    the  second  volume,   MORE  Magic  coming up  later  in  the  thread,  along  with    The Sensuous  Frazetta. 

Forty eight  pages,   reproducing   48  of  his  pen  and  ink  drawings,  some of  which  I  recognize  from  his   work   for  various  Edgar  Rice  Burroughs 
 publications   and   a  fair  number  I  don't  recognize  at  all.    I  don't have  any  solid  knowledge of   publication  date,  but  it   feels like   1970
plus or minus   to  me.   

Certainly  there  are  illustrations of   Tarzan,   and  David Innes  of  Pelucidar,  and  the black  and  white production   is  solid  and  clean.    Pix 
of  interiors  on  request. 

Asking  $30  SOLD!

KI45qWe.jpg

Edited by catrick339

All right Gang,   that's it for this  evening.

About  the  rest of the thread:

Now that I'm  not getting  up  at  5  AM  any  more,   the   Early  Bird  Specials  are no  more.    
Instead  I'm  instituting  the   Lunchtime   Specials!    Look  for   four  or  five  items  every  day  between  Noon  and  2  PM  EST,  
just  to  keep you  all on  your  toes.

Usual   evening  posts,   generally  between  7  PM  and  11  PM,   and  I'm  hoping  to  get  20 -  25  items   posted  each  day.  
Your  ol' buddy  Catrick  has    mebby   150   books  piled up,  plus  some  weird  items  to  boot.  

Look  for  me  Nooniah  tomorrow!

43 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Jungle Comics 99

One  of the better  mid-run   covers,  IMO. 

Another of the  unbound issues.  Four  binder  holes  along  spine,    some  glue   residue here and  there  along  spine.  Otherwise  tight, good gloss,   
tight  spine  and  CF,   few  small  tears/chips BC,  small  price  tag  stuck on lower  RH BC, offwhite pages.

Solid  reader for $20

9CYFLD4.jpg

:takeit:

3 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Here's  the last  item  for  tonight.   

The Magic of Frank  Frazetta 

EARLY  portfolio,   staplebound.   I have    the  second  volume,   MORE  Magic  coming up  later  in  the  thread,  along  with    The Sensuous  Frazetta. 

Forty eight  pages,   reproducing   48  of  his  pen  and  ink  drawings,  some of  which  I  recognize  from  his   work   for  various  Edgar  Rice  Burroughs 
 publications   and   a  fair  number  I  don't  recognize  at  all.    I  don't have  any  solid  knowledge of   publication  date,  but  it   feels like   1970
plus or minus   to  me.   

Certainly  there  are  illustrations of   Tarzan,   and  David Innes  of  Pelucidar,  and  the black  and  white production   is  solid  and  clean.    Pix 
of  interiors  on  request. 

Asking  $30

KI45qWe.jpg

Take it

Oh, and as  long  as  the  dog  woke me up,   let's   toss  up  an  Early   Bird  after  all.

PSYCH!

Strange Suspense Stories 3

See that  dogear upper  LH  FC?  It  wraps  around,   continues  diagonally   across  the  entire  BC,   with   a   quarter inch  tear  at   the LH  edge  BC.
Excellent   gloss,  minor  general  wear,  tight  spine  and CF,  offwhite - white pages.  Nice  PCH  stories  by   George  Evans.

Asking  $100  SOLD!

9NRjnp4.jpg

Edited by catrick339

46 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Oh, and as  long  as  the  dog  woke me up,   let's   toss  up  an  Early   Bird  after  all.

PSYCH!

Strange Suspense Stories 3

See that  dogear upper  LH  FC?  It  wraps  around,   continues  diagonally   across  the  entire  BC,   with   a   quarter inch  tear  at   the LH  edge  BC.
Excellent   gloss,  minor  general  wear,  tight  spine  and CF,  offwhite - white pages.  Nice  PCH  stories  by   George  Evans.

Asking  $100

9NRjnp4.jpg

Take

Oboy,  lunch!

Let's  look  at  a  few  books,  shall  we?

Joe Palooka 2

Odd  looking  stamp  middle  of   FC,  I  recently  bought  a  good  sized  pile  of  comics  with  that  same stamp  on  them. 
Flat,    clean (Well,   except  for  the  stamp,  :D )  with  a  minimal  amount of general  wear  along  the  spine, tight spine  and CF,  light  NCB  dogears   RH  edge FC, 
white  pages.  Quite  a  pretty  copy  if the  stamp doesn't bother you. 

Asking  $50   for  a  little  gem. SOLD!

YGMvK7D.jpg

Edited by catrick339

The Big Top  2

Bit  of  general  wear  on   a  tight,    clean,   glossy  copy.   Bone  white  pages.  

Asking  $30  SOLD!

JbK4ccc.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Fighting  Indians  1952 Annual

Second  of  several  1950's   squarebounds   I'll be  listing.

About  an   inch  of   strip  missing  off lower  spine, some general  wear.    Flat  and  tight, nice  Kinstler  FC  and   BC, 
offwhite - white pages.   According  to  O'street,  contains  rebound  copies of  Geronimo, Chief  Crazy  Horse,  and  
Chief  Victorio,   This one  substitutes  an  issue  of  Wild  BIll  Hickock  for  the  Victorio  issue. 
Rebound  comics.   Whaddya  going  to  do?

Asking  $75

elYp1nB.jpg

Wilbur  Comics 18

Corner off  upper  LH  FC,  wraps  around  the  spine,   matching  corner  of  upper  RH  BC.  Couple  large 
NCB  or  barely  CB  folds    LH  FC,   some  general  wear. Couple  small   tears  outer  edge  interior  pages. 

Tight  spine  and CF,  offwhite  pages  with  a  couple  small  light  stains  inside. 

Asking  $40

jtTX8DC.jpg

Lunchtime  is   about  over,   here's  your last  item.    

Back  this  evening  after  the short  extortionists   thin out. 

Mickey  Mouse  Magazine  V5 #6

Nice  Minnie    cover,  but  there's  a  sub  crease  FC,   and  the  mouses  have been  at  it  lower  edge  in  two  spots,
and   first couple  leaves  upper  RH  corner. Puzzles,    text  stories  with  four  color  illustrations,   and  a  few 
pages  of  four  color  comics.  

Tight  enough,  decent  gloss,  cream - offwhite  pages. 

O'street  G  is  $57,   asking  $20  SOLD!

pu5Emfi.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

Lunchtime  is   about  over,   here's  your last  item.    

Back  this  evening  after  the short  extortionists   thin out. 

Mickey  Mouse  Magazine  V5 #6

Nice  Minnie    cover,  but  there's  a  sub  crease  FC,   and  the  mouses  have been  at  it  lower  edge  in  two  spots,
and   first couple  leaves  upper  RH  corner. Puzzles,    text  stories  with  four  color  illustrations,   and  a  few 
pages  of  four  color  comics.  

Tight  enough,  decent  gloss,  cream - offwhite  pages. 

O'street  G  is  $57,   asking  $20

pu5Emfi.jpg

Take it!

Heya  kids,   Happy Halloween!

The  Short  Extortionists   are done for the  evening, so let's list  comics!

First up,   an  oddity   for  me  these  days.   I've  stumbled  across  a  Four  Color   I've  never  seen  before,  and it's  a  late  issue.

Four  Color 1072,  Marge's  Blythe.

Never  seen  anything   by  Marge  except   Little  Lulu.   Who knew?

Flat,   tight,   glossy,  with  a  small tear upper edge  FC,  another  small  tear  upper  edge  page 1,  bit of  general  wear.    White  pages.

Asking  $20  for  the oddball. SOLD!

vm6EDek.jpg

Edited by catrick339