• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/anthony-mackie-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-1234919610/

1380441031_falconvariety.thumb.JPG.5a3d02d084fec7203f8caa485b81cf0f.JPG

“Sam Wilson as played by Mackie is different than a Thor or a Black Panther, because he’s not from another planet or a king from another country,” Kevin Feige says. “He’s an African American man. He’s got experience in the military and doing grief counseling with soldiers who have PTSD. But where did he grow up? Who is his family? Mackie was excited to dig into it as this man, this Black man in particular, in the Marvel version of the world outside our window.”

Anthony Mackie celebrates Sam’s relatability in a universe full of mythological gods and lab-made enforcers.
“I’m basically the eyes and ears of the audience, if you were put in that position where you could go out and fight alongside superheroes. It adds a really nice quality to him, that he’s a regular guy who can go out there and do special things.”

Where's all the spec for this series? We're just over a week from premiere and outside of including Zemo and US Agent I don't know who the villain is! The sets and skyline they put together for Madripoor are gorgeous and dripping with intrigue

On 3/3/2021 at 1:51 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/anthony-mackie-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-1234919610/

1380441031_falconvariety.thumb.JPG.5a3d02d084fec7203f8caa485b81cf0f.JPG

“Sam Wilson as played by Mackie is different than a Thor or a Black Panther, because he’s not from another planet or a king from another country,” Kevin Feige says. “He’s an African American man. He’s got experience in the military and doing grief counseling with soldiers who have PTSD. But where did he grow up? Who is his family? Mackie was excited to dig into it as this man, this Black man in particular, in the Marvel version of the world outside our window.”

Anthony Mackie celebrates Sam’s relatability in a universe full of mythological gods and lab-made enforcers.
“I’m basically the eyes and ears of the audience, if you were put in that position where you could go out and fight alongside superheroes. It adds a really nice quality to him, that he’s a regular guy who can go out there and do special things.”

I must be one of the few people who may not watch this show.  Mackie always seems like a jerk esp to Holland in his interviews.  He plays it off as teasing but makes me dislike him a lot.  

7 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I must be one of the few people who may not watch this show.  Mackie always seems like a jerk esp to Holland in his interviews.  He plays it off as teasing but makes me dislike him a lot.  

All the Avengers actors pretended to hate on each other in their interviews between Civil War and Endgame. It was just joking, and probably an intentional thing hatched by Marvel Studios marketing to get views. Holland, as the newcomer Spiderman, especially would get teased by everyone, especially Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, probably because they fought him and kind of got bested by him in Civil War. It was all an act.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

All the Avengers actors pretended to hate on each other in their interviews between Civil War and Endgame. It was just joking, and probably an intentional thing hatched by Marvel Studios marketing to get views. Holland, as the newcomer Spiderman, especially would get teased by everyone, especially Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, probably because they fought him and kind of got bested by him in Civil War. It was all an act.

You may be right.  I'll check it out further and see.  

it is 6 episodes so not a huge commitment, I'll give it a go but expect wifey to be the one clamoring for more as she is the action freak

I love the character of The Falcon, always have. 

To be honest ... of ALL the announced Disney streaming series : Loki, Hawkeye , WandaVision and Falcon/ Winter soldier - I was the most excited about this - hoping they continue in the vein of The Winter Soldier film which is still probably my favorite MCU movie ... I equate it to Tom Clancy doing Marvel comics 

52 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

He is an a-hole

Rather than just move on from the reviewer enjoyed a movie, he carries it further and questions the interviewer's credibility. Way to go in winning friends and influencing people.

And it came out later Mackie went so far with mocking him continuously Steve Weintraub (the interviewer) left disgusted.

Then Mackie gave him a hard time again during an Infinity War interview to the point it blew up.

Collider's Steven Weintrub just had an awful experience with an unknown INFINITY WAR cast member during today's press junket...

Edited by Bosco685

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

He is an a-hole

Rather than just move on from the reviewer enjoyed a movie, he carries it further and questions the interviewer's credibility. Way to go in winning friends and influencing people.

Well there you go.  Solidifies my suspicion.  Won't watch it now.