• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why I enjoy comics: great panels, dialogue etc...
3 3

100 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kav said:

it's gross whatever it is.  even worse is when they write stories based on them and their friends like the excreble America by Gabby Rivers.  The first thing I was taught in writing class is DONT WRITE ABOUT YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS!!

I take your word on that.

12 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

I mean, good lord! How could you not love that?

Right??? I've been considering having that done as a tattoo for many years now. Consulted with an artist but just never pulled the trigger.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Right??? I've been considering having that done as a tattoo for many years now. Consulted with an artist but just never pulled the trigger.

lotta black in that image-if you get the wrong tattoo artist in 5 years it will be a blob.  A good tattoo artist takes into consideration the spreading of ink over the years and modifies image.

5 hours ago, F For Fake said:

devil_dinosaur_.jpg

I remember reading the entire run a couple of years back.

As you can see, it goes a bit mental in places, but it’s thoroughly inventive and surprisingly entertaining.

20 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I was blown away when I saw these.  Some artists just pushed the boundaries are were way more than comic book artists.  

9012630_cap110center.thumb.JPG.322a23b20270b1ad828e84e8c3f292e0.JPG

630626878_cap111center.thumb.JPG.83453b970c983c2d5255e6b7edb45df4.JPG

I saw these for the first time in Marvel UK black-and-white reprint comics back in the 70s.

Without the colouring, maybe making it easier to focus on the detail, they really do look even more dynamic and stunning.

Hey JazzMan, I remember this Black Widow page and how. Interestingly, I just now have realized that the name of the apartment building mentioned on the same page is sort of a double entendre considering the implied nude illustration of Black Widow coming out of the shower. 

black widow full page yellow highlight.jpg

Edited by Jaylam

15 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

Hey JazzMan, I remember this Black Widow page and how. Interestingly, I just now have realized that the name of the apartment building mentioned on the same page is sort of a double entendre considering the implied nude illustration of Black Widow coming out of the shower. 

black widow full page yellow highlight.jpg

Mammon:
wealth regarded as an evil influence or false object of worship and devotion. It was taken by medieval writers as the name of the devil of covetousness, and revived in this sense by Milton.

36 minutes ago, kav said:

Mammon:
wealth regarded as an evil influence or false object of worship and devotion. It was taken by medieval writers as the name of the devil of covetousness, and revived in this sense by Milton.

Yes, I think that meaning is already implied in the same sentence with the use of "overpriced beehive", however, "mammon" is very close to another word concerning certain female anatomy that is almost on clear display in the ensuing panels and coupled with the word "towers" it's not much of a reach to come to the conclusion of a convenient double entendre being snuck in there by the writer. 

"Twin Peaks", anyone? :wink:

Edited by Jaylam