• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

586 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2020 at 6:15 PM, thedude said:

which books are we comparing? the Cap #1 CGC 0.5 Qualified and the Batman #1 CGC Universal 0.5 that recently ended at Heritage?

Cap#1 ended at $19,200 MARRIED COVER (but still original)

Batman #1 ended at $12,600 FRONT COVER IS A COLOR COPY. so really your only getting original inside pages and back cover with lots of tape.

if your going to have a cover missing, it shouldn't be the front cover, not really a one for one comparison to me.

Link for the qualified Cap 1 married cover 0.5 ?  Assume it was still incomplete ?

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

even at full BIN (what it sold for) great buy

It listed around 2 am local time couple nights ago for $42K, next day went to 38K then dropped to $29,950. Yes a great buy.

Someone wanted to sell quick. Thing is this will take couple weeks to get money I would think. Seller has to ship to Clink then Clink ship to buyer.

If I had to sell my Bat 1 4.0 now I would probably take a 20% loss. It took 9 months to raise the funds to purchase the comic and last payment was Jan 2019.

In saying that, 100% of the money to purchase the Bat 1 came from selling comics. 2 big comics helped with $100K of the purchase. 

Looking at current market on those 2 big comics they also have dropped 20% in last year. Had I took the hard earned saved money out of the bank and bought the comic I would be in the hole.

So let's just say I need to sell my Bat 1 during this Apocalypse it would look like I'm losing a big chunk. Well if I still had all the comics I sold to get the Bat 1 I would get less now than 1+ years ago. 

Now for my Bat 1 .5 purchased in 2011 I have $400 into it so I don't think I'll ever have to sell it for a loss. :bigsmile:

I hope all my fellow comic geeks are staying safe.

On 3/21/2020 at 12:07 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 3/21/2020 at 12:06 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 3/21/2020 at 11:54 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Bats1 now sold

That was fast

even at full BIN (what it sold for) great buy

On 3/21/2020 at 9:02 PM, lhcomics said:

It listed around 2 am local time couple nights ago for $42K, next day went to 38K then dropped to $29,950. Yes a great buy.

Or as some other boardies were commenting in terms of falling prices in this current new real world environment............a panic sell!!!  :fear:  :tonofbricks:

:bump:with some recent sales.

Batman #1 CGC 4.0 sold for $110,100. LINK ($27,525 per-point)

Cap #1 CGC 2.5 sold for $88,580 with BP. LINK ($35,432 per-point)

Batman #1 CGC 3.5 (slightly brittle PQ) sold for $83,000 in total. LINK ($23,714 per-point)

Cap #1 CGC 0.5 (missing 4 center wraps) sold for $39,500 in total. ($79,000 per-point)

These books have gone back and fourth. Are we back to Cap #1 reigning supreme?

3 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

:bump:with some recent sales.

Batman #1 CGC 4.0 sold for $110,100. LINK ($27,525 per-point)

Cap #1 CGC 2.5 sold for $88,580 with BP. LINK ($35,432 per-point)

Batman #1 CGC 3.5 (slightly brittle PQ) sold for $83,000 in total. LINK ($23,714 per-point)

Cap #1 CGC 0.5 (missing 4 center wraps) sold for $39,500 in total. ($79,000 per-point)

These books have gone back and fourth. Are we back to Cap #1 reigning supreme?

1. comiclink doesn't have a BP

2. Batman 1 will always rule over Cap 1.

Edited by Gotham Kid

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

1. comiclink doesn't have a BP

2. Batman 1 will always rule over Cap 1.

Compared to Heritage it doesn’t seem like a BP, but Clink has a 3% BP. The fact that they even have a BP at all is buried deep in their site. I went looking for it just now and couldn’t find it. But believe me, it’ll be that extra little charge at the end of your bill, guaranteed to make you say WTF!!??

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

Apples and Oranges?

Most likely, a DC collector would favor Bats as would a Marvel collector favor Cap....unless that Marvel/DC fan really favors that particular character.

As much as I am a fan of the Joker over Cap, i'd rather have Captain America #1.  For me personally, i'd have them graded and that Captain America #1 is so iconic and striking with Cap actually on the front cover.  Cap punching Hitler as the first appearance of Cap is absolutely amazing and speaks to that era more in history and comics.  Batman #1 is iconic in itself with Joker's 1st app and Catwoman but neither being on the cover makes it an easier decision for me.

Both iconic comics that are worth every penny.

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Compared to Heritage it doesn’t seem like a BP, but Clink has a 3% BP.

rantrant

Is this the credit card fees that they pass on?  Have they changed where if you pay by check or money order, that fee is waived?  Other places like CC, Pedigree, Weiss, etc., do the same.  

But I haven't won anything in a few months at any of these auctions so it could have changed or be something different.  And I don't mind waiting longer by sending in a check if it saves me a good amount of money.

11 minutes ago, telerites said:

Is this the credit card fees that they pass on?  Have they changed where if you pay by check or money order, that fee is waived?  Other places like CC, Pedigree, Weiss, etc., do the same.  

But I haven't won anything in a few months at any of these auctions so it could have changed or be something different.  And I don't mind waiting longer by sending in a check if it saves me a good amount of money.

"All transactions are subject to a three percent (3%) Buyer’s Premium which is in addition to the purchase price, which premium may be fully discounted if the total amount due is received by COMICLINK within 7 days of the close of an auction or a final exchange sale confirmation, and under certain payment terms, such as check, money order, or bank wire."

Now I guess I'll go back and look at my past receipts.  Normally I pay by cashiers check the next day.  Seems like I've never had a purchase that doesn't include the 3%

OK, I just went back and looked at my last Clink purchase, and I find that they charged me the 3% because I used a credit card.  My dumb fault entirely.  Sorry, Clink and @Gotham Kid

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

1 minute ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

"All transactions are subject to a three percent (3%) Buyer’s Premium which is in addition to the purchase price, which premium may be fully discounted if the total amount due is received by COMICLINK within 7 days of the close of an auction or a final exchange sale confirmation, and under certain payment terms, such as check, money order, or bank wire."

Now I guess I'll go back and look at my past receipts.  Normally I pay by cashiers check the next day.  Seems like I've never had a purchase that doesn't include the 3%

I do know the last time, I paid by check and there was no 3%.  I think that was their last auction but maybe the one before that.

Cap 1 for me as well. I can’t think of another mega key that has everything Cap 1 has :

1. Classic cover 

2. Origin story. 
3.  Arch villain first appearance. 
4. Side kick origin and first appearance

5. First appearance of future main player in Winter Soldier  

6. Most importantly to me main Hero’s first appearance. 
7. Only mainstay GA hero still relevant in pop culture today from the # 1 comic publisher