• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Megacon 2019 On-site grading?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Been a awhile since I posted and sorry if this is the wrong sub thread, but I was wondering if CGC still does onsite grading at Megacon?

I see the events page and the “onsite grading” icon is not there but I was thinking it’s not cause it’s still is too far out. 

Thanks for any info 

Retro

I feel like they haven't had it there for a long while (but I could be wrong!).  BUT the Baltimore Comic Con DOES say they have onsite grading, and that is AFTER Megacon.  I would not be optimistic.  But I WOULD contact CGC just to be sure.

4 hours ago, speedcake said:

How does this work as far as the actual encapsulation process? Do they pop it in a slab right there at the con, too? :x

No. The books are driven back to Sarasota and graded and encapsulated there and then brought back to Orlando for delivery.

Ok so we would still pay return shipping. Assumed so, at least it's some savings having it done on site. When you submit at a convention normally, do you only pay return shipping then as well?

I assumed this was the case. Maybe these are silly as hell questions.

Edited by speedcake

6 hours ago, speedcake said:

Ok so we would still pay return shipping. Assumed so, at least it's some savings having it done on site. When you submit at a convention normally, do you only pay return shipping then as well?

I assumed this was the case. Maybe these are silly as hell questions.

He is being a smart ...they bring an encapsulation machine and slab onsite and return the book to you at the con