• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Case Issues - No Longer The Newton Rings

15 posts in this topic

Sorry if there is an ongoing thread for this. I've done a few searches and haven't found anything. However, if there are threads that exist already, please link me.

My concern is that new cases are coming up with markings?

This is especially obvious with DC's new Foil Variants.

I currently purchased a book with this issue, and am also trying to sell a book with this problem as well, as I expect the value to lower as the visual appeal is definitely affected.

Thoughts?

20181108_113517.jpg

20181116_142954[1].jpg

Hm, it's hard to describe, but it looks like a rubbing when they were manufacturing it.

You know the idea of when a machine rolls out a sheet of plastic, and then along the line, the sheet skips, causing a rub mark.

It's like those markings you get on your fingernails from banging it against things.

20181116_165220.jpg

49 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Looks like a slab that got shipped by itself and the bubble wrap they use gives it marked all over the book.  Kind of scuff marks

Yes, I've had some come back with bubble wrap marks transferred to the slab, even through the outer bag. I was able to get the marks off the slab by cleaning, but I don't remember what I used. 

I had about 25 books graded. Some of mine have those hazy looking scuff areas as well. Dont dismiss newton rings though , that problem is alive and well. My daredevil 1 that I got back looks horrible. If i was an employee at cgc there is no way I would have ever sent a key issue back to a customer that looked like that. Do they not realize that a product that looks like that only looks bad on them ? 

8 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

There’s been reports of “buffing” type scratches/swirls on the inside of the outer well. Think seeing a used black car where you can see the swirls in the clear coat from past washings. I think what you’re concerned about is different though...

Tell me about it. I just received this last week on a mechanical error reholder and it's scratched and scuffed on the inside.

spawnbatmanback.thumb.jpg.7f097c8e25a68c320faadb350ec1e6f7.jpg

Edited by Ovrclck

2 hours ago, Ovrclck said:

Tell me about it. I just received this last week on a mechanical error reholder and it's scratched and scuffed on the inside.

spawnbatmanback.thumb.jpg.7f097c8e25a68c320faadb350ec1e6f7.jpg

On a side note how long did it take that reholder to process?

I have 2 mechanical errors there now that was verified around October 22nd...  :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM