• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Mixed Marvel books SA/BA, Daredevil, Italian editions (1st Mr. A, Fantastic Four, Sgt. Fury), The Amazing World of DC Comics
2 2

91 posts in this topic

Spyder #3 (1969)
FNVF OWW.
$39

“Spyder” was a short lived italian magazine which published material from Witzend. This issue includes the first (and only, as far as I know) edition of Ditko's Mr. A in italian. These are not much common, and tough to find in high grade.

ySCcVJf.jpg
0cPIPK2.jpg

Linus Estate (1966)
VF OWW
The first edition of Fantastic Four #1 in italian, before Corno started to publish the Marvel super-heroes on a regular basis. “Linus Estate” was a summer supplement of the famous anthological comics magazine “Linus”, intended for an adult audience of readers.
The artwork reproduction and graphic adaptation here are beautiful (see pictures), being in black and white with great detail, using the original printing films.
These first FF appearances are generally snubbed by collectors (even if they pre-date the italian Marvels by 4-5 years) and are not easy to find in nice shape.
I love them!
$45
SOLD via PM

Spoiler

bKJFkQ1.jpg

uagnheJ.jpg

09vMyIM.jpg 7UBmlo1.jpg

z3fwluG.jpg 

Edited by vaillant
sold

6 minutes ago, crassus said:

Great commentary Claudio, on the Linus Estate, never heard of this before, very interesting item

I’m so pissed off that there is such little love for these two (the second one is "Provolinus", which presented FF#5 a year later).
The translation is also pretty good, better than the early Corno, and these two are "perfect" first editions.

1 hour ago, vaillant said:

Linus Estate (1966)
VF OWW
The first edition of Fantastic Four #1 in italian, before Corno started to publish the Marvel super-heroes on a regular basis. “Linus Estate” was a summer supplement of the famous anthological comics magazine “Linus”, intended for an adult audience of readers.
The artwork reproduction and graphic adaptation here are beautiful (see pictures), being in black and white with great detail, using the original printing films.
These first FF appearances are generally snubbed by collectors (even if they pre-date the italian Marvels by 4-5 years) and are not easy to find in nice shape.
I love them!
$45

:news: SOLD via PM to a boardie with great taste!

1 hour ago, vaillant said:

Linus Estate (1966)
VF OWW
I love them!
$45
SOLD via PM

Hide contents

bKJFkQ1.jpg

uagnheJ.jpg

09vMyIM.jpg 7UBmlo1.jpg

z3fwluG.jpg 

:takeit: per PM deal; thank you Claudio!

5 minutes ago, vaillant said:

Fantastici Quattro #15
VFNM OWW. Italian edition of Fantastic Four Annual #1. Uses the cover of a reprint (Marvel’s Greatest Comics?).
Super-nice but some slight staining.
$18

08wnixW.jpg

Pretty book and I think this cover is from one of the later Annuals after 6 when they were also reprints...

5 minutes ago, crassus said:

Pretty book and I think this cover is from one of the later Annuals after 6 when they were also reprints...

Might be… I recall it but don’t know precisely from where it’s taken.

Here’s another, with regular cover.

Fantastici Quattro #17
VFNM OWW. Italian edition of Fantastic Four #22. These are pretty tough to find in high grade, so if there’s an early FF you’d love to have in foreign editions, this is your chance!
$18

HLh5RrL.jpg

7 minutes ago, crassus said:

It's from FF Annual 8 which is a reprint of FF Annual 1, classic early FF story & art.

Good luck with the sale, Claudio. It's always great to peruse your threads.

Edited by Harry Lime
too many classics.