show us your Mile Highs (Edgar Church copies)
6 6

398 posts in this topic

1,380 posts

Just curious, what's the buy in on a Church copy.  I am not a Golden Age collector, but always thought it would be fun to own a copy.  Do you pay a premium for a Church CGC label (ie.  if you have two CGC'd books of the same grade, one is a Church copy, does it cost more due to the lore)?

1,508 posts
5 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Just curious, what's the buy in on a Church copy.  I am not a Golden Age collector, but always thought it would be fun to own a copy.  Do you pay a premium for a Church CGC label (ie.  if you have two CGC'd books of the same grade, one is a Church copy, does it cost more due to the lore)?

Depends on the book...from what I’ve observed recently high grade and otherwise desirable book, Church copy = double the cost.  

Low to mid grade and otherwise undesirable book Church copy can be 3 to 4 times the cost because there’s a basement value of $300-400 it seems.

1,032 posts
1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

more fun with coded-church-cuality-comics!

crack12.jpeg

Such a bright, beautiful copy! Very lovely :cloud9:

1,380 posts
2 hours ago, szav said:

Depends on the book...from what I’ve observed recently high grade and otherwise desirable book, Church copy = double the cost.  

Low to mid grade and otherwise undesirable book Church copy can be 3 to 4 times the cost because there’s a basement value of $300-400 it seems.

Good to know, thanks. 

720 posts
4 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

from what I hear it can be 3x to 5x

2,353 posts
5 hours ago, SushiX said:

from what I hear it can be 3x to 5x

My impression is that the 3X - 5X ratio applies (generally) to the Overstreet price.  I agree with svaz's view with regard to the value of Church copies as compared to the value of non-ped copies with similar grades:

10 hours ago, szav said:

Edited by RareHighGrade

15,874 posts

Not books you see every day.

2EF888B5-9468-48BA-AFDF-5003605C69E1.jpeg

40FEC45E-910E-4DAC-9513-1FE56A17212C.jpeg

3,991 posts

and speaking of westerns

there was a lot of em, and Edgar bought them

DaleEvans23f_zps4dxme1gx.jpg

2,055 posts

Finally landed my first Edgar Church Mile Highs. 

Been watching and underbidding week after week on HA.  Finally was able to bottom feed a couple of "bargain bin" items.

FF-198-Edgar-Church-Mile-High.jpg

Mikey-Finn-9-Edgar-Church-Mile-High.jpg

6,674 posts
15 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_4285.JPG

The Church copy belongs in your collection :applause:Very nice. A copy of this one is in my collection also.