• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em **GA edition**
5 5

101 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2018 at 11:01 AM, nearmint said:

Bid just shy of 5 times guide for the Master 25, and came up short. 

That one shocked me.  Great Raboy cover but seems like crazy money for that book.  Bought a 6.5 for $700 just a couple of years ago. 

1 hour ago, domuhnator said:

I only won 1 GA book, I really wanted that nightmare 13 but I fell asleep when bidding was ending. I won some bronze though.

RADBC37320181031_95618.thumb.jpg.5cfa959372da16a31fb60e73694c90fe.jpg

Nice pickup.  I was surprised by how much the Teenage Temptations 8 went for. Although, of course, Baker rulz!

1 hour ago, nearmint said:

I consigned 3 really nice books to the auction, and I have to say it was far and away my worst result ever.  Lost my shirt. 

I stopped selling without a reserve  few years ago. Lesson learned sadly.

I consigned 3 really nice books to the auction, and I have to say it was far and away my worst result ever.  Lost my shirt. 

3 minutes ago, Bat34 said:

Yikes, sorry to hear that.

I anticipated a loss.  I only owned the books for a year, and obviously there would be one less bidder this time(me), but I didn't anticipate a 36% loss on 2 Church books and a 9.6 file copy.  

Live and learn!

2 hours ago, HRCostigan said:

My old book, off to a great home!

Thanks so much HR! It's a fantastic looking book, and knowing it's recent provenance makes it that much sweeter!! (I'm assuming you weren't the original owner :wink: ).

21 minutes ago, nearmint said:

I anticipated a loss.  I only owned the books for a year, and obviously there would be one less bidder this time(me), but I didn't anticipate a 36% loss on 2 Church books and a 9.6 file copy.  

Live and learn!

I love WF but the values can get squirrely.

17 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

When possibly my favorite GGA cover of all-time is available in this grade I gotta do it.  :smile:

I shouldn’t have sold anything in this auction and I should have bought all I could.  Soft like an ice cream cone in July.

634CD994-285B-49EA-B6C7-543B9BD6FFC9.jpeg

when I saw the book listed I knew it had your name written all over it.

9 minutes ago, nearmint said:
17 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

How much did it go for?

36% less than I paid for it.  And it was a really nice shirt!

Coats ... this time of year you need to be selling coats, not shirts.  You Californians!

24 minutes ago, nearmint said:

36% less than I paid for it.  And it was a really nice shirt!

Just now, Ricksneatstuff said:

I had the same EXACT shirts and virtually the exact same percentage lost. A bunch of pretty nice shirts.  

I feel your pain.  But I guess that's the risk we take.  I'll be selling more on the boards and through my website, and consigning less, or none.

I feel your pain.  But I guess that's the risk we take.  I'll be selling more on the boards and through my website, and consigning less, or none.

Between this auction and the last HA Signature and Sunday I am at the loss of a moderate car. :tonofbricks:

But I’ve bought more than that in the last week.  The best way to make up for low selling prices is to buy more at low prices too, I guess.  

Edited by Ricksneatstuff