• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My experience with Fedex shipping my books

34 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure that FedEx drives have been given stealth suits.

My last CGC delivery a package magically showed up at my front door.  My Ring Doorbell never saw them, they didn't ring the bell for a sig (someone was home).  Checked the site and it was just a diagonal line as a signature across the pad.

Next week i should have another delivery, wonder what we'll see.

Heritage uses FedEx. I have them deliver to my local Walgreens. They hold it till I can pick it up after work. You can choose this option after receiving the first email announcing your upcoming shipment. No problems after several shipments. 

FedEx sucks. They lie about coming to the house, etc. ups is a bit better and they have pickup locations everywhere (and drop off).  They have one in a pharmacy 1 block from my house. Very convenient. My fedex pickup location is 30 minutes away with difficult parking. Better than where it used to be 45 minutes away in the middle of terrifying projects in east new york.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:37 AM, Buzzetta said:

I have detailed many times of my experiences with Fed Ex.  For the newbies. 

Batman 11 - "It's somewhere on Long Island that much we know."

Superman 3 - "You signed for it and it was delivered." "I've been in Brooklyn all day so what are you talking about."  Comiclink and my flipping out on them caused an embarrassed driver to admit that he signed for the package himself... and may have left it on the wrong steps.  

I received both books... 

HOWEVER... this is what I advise anyone that deals with Fed Ex packages that require signatures to do.

Sign up on their website and have the packages rerouted to the nearest satellite store or affiliate.  That way Fed Ex will drop it off with them.  If they drop it off somewhere else you are covered.  The satellite store, such as Walgreens, offers another layer of protection and there seems to be less issues.

Do you know if duane reade is part of this? They are owned by Walgreens but have kept their name. My closest Walgreens is far.

7 hours ago, the blob said:

Do you know if duane reade is part of this? They are owned by Walgreens but have kept their name. My closest Walgreens is far.

It took a little playing around to get the right option.  You want to go to the Fed Ex site and look at locations.  Select the box that says 'on site locations" and unselect all other boxes.  Duane Read did come up as a possible selection near me. 

Here is a snapshot of Long Island sites that offer this service.  I scrolled down to a Duane Reade.  

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 4.33.52 PM.png

3 hours ago, gregwynn said:

I thought CGC stopped allowing the packages to be rerouted? I was unable to reroute on the 3 shipments I received in November.

I never have FedEx ship CGC packages.

After a few incidents with Fedex I've cut them off completely and use UPS exclusively for my packages. The last straw for me was when I was actually off one day and they never delivered, however, around 9 that evening I get a message saying they attempted delivery. Since I've switched to UPS I've had no problems with any of my shipments. Just my 2 cents.

2 hours ago, gregwynn said:

Only takes 48/72 hours to get to me vice 7-10 days with USPS RM. And I was able to reroute to the Fedex store by my house so I could pick it up after work.

I don't have private insurance, so I have to rely on FedEx's minimal insurance ... so I can't/don't have FedEx deliver my comics.

On 12/8/2018 at 1:39 PM, blazingbob said:

Stuff I ship or get shipped requires signature.  Fedex is notorious for not getting signature,  they also show up to the door with the "you weren't home label already written out "before" ringing the doorbell.

I'm all about efficiency but come on.

This just happened to my wife but she saw him coming to the door and opened it. The driver had to walk back to the truck and get the package.