• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures of Highest Graded Comics?
1 1

65 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Superman2006 said:

I just looked up the HA CGC census vs actual CGC census as of right now for ASM 1, and it looks like they match exactly except for 1 SS 9.8 on HA that isn't in the actual census. I suspect it may have been on the actual CGC census not too long ago when HA captured the info for that listing, but CGC recognized that it was an ASM #1 from a later ASM series (when they started the number over back at #1), and that they corrected the census accordingly. Likely the same explanation for FF #1... just my 2 cents...

This makes sense. I think you may be right. 

4 hours ago, Superman2006 said:
6 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:
6 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

I was going by what Heritage Listed...

When you look up ASM#1 at the bottom under CGC Census Report it shows 2 CGC graded 9.8 ASM 1's and A FF1 9.8

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-amazing-spider-man-1-marvel-1963-cgc-fn-60-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7204-60002.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

^ Under CGC Census Report it says there is 1 Universal 9.8 and 1 Signature Series 9.8

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/fantastic-four-1-marvel-1961-cgc-vg-40-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121844-11414.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

^^ Under CGC Census Report it says there is 1 Signature Series 9.8

But I'm in no way claiming that I'm right...Im sure your site is more accurate...I just wanted you to know I wasnt making it up...

maybe Heritage is outdated or something...

I acknowledge your reference. It's like Heritage has added one SS 9.8 to both books. I can't imagine someone would actually get an FF1 or ASM1 in 9.8 signed, that's crazy. BTW, my reference is the CGC website census. Heritage must be wrong or perhaps outdated. (shrug)

I just looked up the HA CGC census vs actual CGC census as of right now for ASM 1, and it looks like they match exactly except for 1 SS 9.8 on HA that isn't in the actual census. I suspect it may have been on the actual CGC census not too long ago when HA captured the info for that listing, but CGC recognized that it was an ASM #1 from a later ASM series (when they started the number over back at #1), and that they corrected the census accordingly. Likely the same explanation for FF #1... just my 2 cents...

Yep, looks like an error made in Oct of 2014 and corrected a couple weeks later. 

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/8

13 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

I've never seen a post backfire more than this...

because Ironically the exact thing your telling me to "Try"....You should have "TRIED" before acting like a smartass...

of course the first thing I did after learning There was "1"....9.9 Hulk 181 was Google it to see if there were pictures, sites or articles. and of course there werent.

Google harder.

hulk181cgc9.9.jpg

16 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

Ok so I'm new to this...

I just started looking through Heritages Archives....

and what I'm wondering is, Is there A site out there that Has Pictures of The Highest Graded KNOWN Key issuies ?

I Would Love to see Pictures the "The 1" (9.9)Hulk 181

or "The 2" (9.8)Amazing Spider-Man #1

The ASM #1 in cgc 9.8 has been the subject of past discussion here on the boards.  It was in the hands of a private collector and may still be there, hence no pictures are available.

5 hours ago, namisgr said:
18 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

I've never seen a post backfire more than this...

because Ironically the exact thing your telling me to "Try"....You should have "TRIED" before acting like a smartass...

of course the first thing I did after learning There was "1"....9.9 Hulk 181 was Google it to see if there were pictures, sites or articles. and of course there werent.

Google harder.

hulk181cgc9.9.jpg

Yup. Not sure what Bill Brown is doing wrong but the images are definitely available via google searches (shrug)

Edited by Jeffro.

4 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

It's all Just Comics is a helpful website for info on high grade keys, including some pics, like this one:

Image result for Allentown Captain America

dear lord

do you think it would have been a 9.8 if there "M" wsnt written on the cover?

also is this the highest graded Cap 1?

Maybe we should just turn this thread into pics of The Highest Graded Comics?

for anyone out there that can find pics of the highest Graded ASM #1,FF#1 and others please post....

basically any Major keys if you have or can find pics of the highest graded issue please post them

I believe the reason you want to see the highest graded copies is to learn what makes those copies the highest graded.

The picture on the internet won't tell you that information because at that level of grade it becomes microscopic. You won't be able to tell why the Hulk 181 that is 9.9 IS a 9.9 over the copies that are 9.8.

Just look for the more commonly found grades of the books you mentioned.

( assuming I am right )

Let me make this really easy for you:

Pictures of the highest graded Action 1s (9.0) are readily available.  No one has a picture of the best Action 1 (the Mile High copy).

Pictures of the best Marvel Comics 1 (Allentown) and CA 1 (Allentown) are readily available.

I believe that pictures of the highest graded Superman 1 are available, but no one has a picture of the best Superman 1 (same owner as the Mile High Action 1).

I don't think there are pictures of the best Detective 27 (Allentown) (same owner as the Mile High Action 1).  

I do think there are pictures of the highest graded Batman 1.  

I also think there are pictures of the highest graded All Star 3 and 8, Sensation 1, and Wonder Woman 1.  

That pretty much takes care of the biggest books in the hobby (Silver Age books are more plentiful and not as big, and it is likely that more high grade copies are yet to emerge).

Here's a helpful list (and site):

https://itsalljustcomics.com/100000-club/

Happy hunting!

Edited by sfcityduck

When you Google these things, try putting in the book, cgc, grade, and go to images, and you could always look up the certification number of the image once found of the slab to verify the image on cgccomics.com home page .... @billbrown7080

new-mutants-98-cgc-10.0.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Verify info

Off topic but have you ever watched a teenager try to google something?  Hilarious.  Like if they were looking for highest graded Cap #1 it would go something like this:
"Where can I find out what is the captain america comic that has the grade that is the highest.  The first issue of that comic."