• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Catrick's Merry Christmas Mini Cornucopia is CLOSED
3 3

81 posts in this topic

Greetings,  Gang!

Well,   following  a  long  Casa  Santman tradition,   we  lost  a major  appliance  just  before  a  major  holiday. 
Our  refrigerator  took   a   gasp,   shuddered,  and   died.   Sigh...
Off  to  the  appliance  store  where my  Beloved  fell  in  love  with  a  stainless  steel,   two  front  door,   freezer  drawer,   automatic
ice  maker   BEHEMOTH,    which  was  duly  paid  for,   delivered,   and  installed  by  Yours  Truly.  Sigh...
I'll   give  you  this,  though.   That  ice maker  makes  ice  like   a  dervish! 

HOWEVER.     after  sales  tax  and   hauling   the  carcass  away  fees,  I'm  out  a  big  ol'  pile  of  cash,  just  in  time  for  the  holidays.  Double  sigh...

So  here  we  go,   going  to   list  a  few   items  over  the next  couple  days, to  try  and  recoup   some  of  the  cost of  the BEHEMOTH.  

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8  Priority flat shipping to the USA,  one book or a stack.  Canada shipping is   $16,  overseas to be determined.

For the bargainminded  I can ship one or two books  First Class for  $4

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY  FOR  THIS THREAD!  EXCEPTIONS   FOR   OUR  CANADIAN  AND OVERSEAS  FRIENDS  TO  HELP  EXPIDITE THINGS

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here  we  go:

Planet  Comics 43

Solid  reader,   nothing  better.   Two  small  corners off  plus  chips  FC,   and  the  spine  is  completely   taped  inside  and outside.  Displays  nicely,  still  good  gloss, 
Tight  with  offwhite  pages.

Asking  $60  SOLD!

Z3gmbo6.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Walt Disney's Christmas  Parade 2

Touch  of  spine  roll  on  a  solid   squarebound  book,   some  general  wear,   couple  dogears.  BC  nicer  still  with  a different image,   
see  scan.    White  pages  with  one  page penciled  in  (maze)  Nice  gloss.  

'tis  the  season!

Asking  $100

aVjS5E3.jpg

XCkGdFs.jpg

Space  Adventures  15

First  Rocky  Jones,   partial  photo  cover

There's  a  long  tape  repair  on  a  horizontal  tear  LH  FC  just  below  the issue  number,  inside  FC.   Spine  is  split  above  tear,   also  taped.  First  fold
is  split  from  top  to  upper  staple.   General  wear,  couple  chips  BC.  Decent  gloss left.     Interior  is  nice, tight with  offwhite - white pages.

Asking $25

8GHlVba.jpg

Edited by catrick339

'Tis  the  season!

Alvin and the  Chipmunks  45 rpm   record,   Rudolph  The  Red Nosed  Reindeer

Copyright  1960

Sleeve  is  nice  with  a  touch  of  scruff  upper  RH  FC,   BC  is  as  nice,  without  the  scruff.  
I'm  not  a  record  guy,  but  the  disc  itself  appears   clear  of  anything  but   the  most  minor  of   scuffing,   no   scratches  or  such.

Asking  $10,   no  idea if  that's  fair  or  not,  lol Must have  been  fair,    SOLD!

Gg4HqEK.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

'Tis  the  season!

Alvin and the  Chipmunks  45 rpm   record,   Rudolph  The  Red Nosed  Reindeer

Copyright  1960

Sleeve  is  nice  with  a  touch  of  scruff  upper  RH  FC,   BC  is  as  nice,  without  the  scruff.  
I'm  not  a  record  guy,  but  the  disc  itself  appears   clear  of  anything  but   the  most  minor  of   scuffing,   no   scratches  or  such.

Asking  $10,   no  idea if  that's  fair  or  not,  LOL

Gg4HqEK.jpg

I’ll take it!  My wife loves The Chipmunks.

Tales  of  Suspense 32

Well,  after  the  success of  The Man  In  The  Ant Hill  in  TTA  27,  here  comes  Stan  with  a  spanking  new  idea,
"The  Man  In The  Bee-Hive!"  Second  story  is  listed  as   a  Doctor  Strange  prototype. 

The  usual  great  lineup,    two  Kirby/.Ayers  stories,   backstopped  by  a  Don  Heck  and  a  Ditko.   Nice  package. 

Strictly   a  reader  copy,    spine  completely   taped,   and  it  looks  to me like  glue  repairs  along  inside  FC  and  BC  to  boot,.  
Ahh  well,   makes  for  a  nice  tight  comic.  Marvel  chipping  RH  edge,  but  tight  interior,   good  gloss,  offwhite  pages.

Very  pretty   reader  for $45  SOLD!

hIVr9sP.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Patsy Walker 18

Entire  spine  taped  inside,   otherwise  some  rubbing  FC,  couple  small tears upper  edge  FC,  interior  is  nice,  tight  with  white  pages. 

Asking  $25

LHB7Q0L.jpg

Journey  Into  Unknown  Worlds 25

Well,   there's  that   little  corner off  ALL  the  pages  upper  RH,  and I  can't  make  up  my  mind  if 
it's   minor  mayhem,  or  if    the  mouses  took  a  little  nip.   You  could  convince  me  of  either. 

Otherwise   a  whiff  of  spine  roll,    tiny  tear  and  dogear  lower  LH   corner  FC,  bit of  general  wear,  
couple  chips  BC.   Tight  spine and  CF,  offwhite  pages.

Asking   $50   SOLD!  via  PM

MO1LKaB.jpg

Edited by catrick339

What,  no  sympathy  buys  to   help  me  pay  for  the  Behemoth  Stainless  Fridge?   

Tough   crowd,   lol 

Back  around  8  PM  with another handful,   including a  scarce  Baker  cover

4 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Greetings,  Gang!

Well,   following  a  long  Casa  Santman tradition,   we  lost  a major  appliance  just  before  a  major  holiday. 
Our  refrigerator  took   a   gasp,   shuddered,  and   died.   Sigh...
Off  to  the  appliance  store  where my  Beloved  fell  in  love  with  a  stainless  steel,   two  front  door,   freezer  drawer,   automatic
ice  maker   BEHEMOTH,    which  was  duly  paid  for,   delivered,   and  installed  by  Yours  Truly.  Sigh...
I'll   give  you  this,  though.   That  ice maker  makes  ice  like   a  dervish! 

HOWEVER.     after  sales  tax  and   hauling   the  carcass  away  fees,  I'm  out  a  big  ol'  pile  of  cash,  just  in  time  for  the  holidays.  Double  sigh...

So  here  we  go,   going  to   list  a  few   items  over  the next  couple  days, to  try  and  recoup   some  of  the  cost of  the BEHEMOTH.  

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8  Priority flat shipping to the USA,  one book or a stack.  Canada shipping is   $16,  overseas to be determined.

For the bargainminded  I can ship one or two books  First Class for  $4

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY  FOR  THIS THREAD!  EXCEPTIONS   FOR   OUR  CANADIAN  AND OVERSEAS  FRIENDS  TO  HELP  EXPIDITE THINGS

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here  we  go:

Planet  Comics 43

Solid  reader,   nothing  better.   Two  small  corners off  plus  chips  FC,   and  the  spine  is  completely   taped  inside  and outside.  Displays  nicely,  still  good  gloss, 
Tight  with  offwhite  pages.

Asking  $60

Z3gmbo6.jpg

4 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Tales  of  Suspense 32

Well,  after  the  success of  The Man  In  The  Ant Hill  in  TTA  27,  here  comes  Stan  with  a  spanking  new  idea,
"The  Man  In The  Bee-Hive!"  Second  story  is  listed  as   a  Doctor  Strange  prototype. 

The  usual  great  lineup,    two  Kirby/.Ayers  stories,   backstopped  by  a  Don  Heck  and  a  Ditko.   Nice  package. 

Strictly   a  reader  copy,    spine  completely   taped,   and  it  looks  to me like  glue  repairs  along  inside  FC  and  BC  to  boot,.  
Ahh  well,   makes  for  a  nice  tight  comic.  Marvel  chipping  RH  edge,  but  tight  interior,   good  gloss,  offwhite  pages.

Very  pretty   reader  for $45

hIVr9sP.jpg

:takeit:

All   right, time  for  another handful. 

Archie's  Rival  Reggie 2

Nice  looking  lowgrader.  Small  corner off  lower  RH  FC,  small  corner  off upper  RH  BC,   piece out  spine    RH edge  BC.  Tape  repairs  inside   cover  and
at  staples,  tape at  staples  on  CF  too.  couple  small  water  stains.  WHEW!  And  with  all  that it  still  doesn't   look   to  bad. 

Grab  a  reader  for $30  SOLD!

ZVT5GVX.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Romantic  Marriage 23

Gorgeous  Matt Baker  cover

Flat  and  tight,  but  several  small pieces out  FC,  along  with  a  3/4  x 2 piece  out lower  edge. Corner off  lower  LH  BC  
Good  gloss,   tight  CF,  cream  to  offwhite pages.
GPA  shows  one   recent  sale,   6.0  at  $960,  only  three    total. 

Asking  $300  Price  drop  to   $250

SVQSSvI.jpg

zN59z3h.jpg

Edited by catrick339

7 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

All   right, time  for  another handful. 

Archie's  Rival  Reggie 2

Nice  looking  lowgrader.  Small  corner off  lower  RH  FC,  small  corner  off upper  RH  BC,   piece out  spine    RH edge  BC.  Tape  repairs  inside   cover  and
at  staples,  tape at  staples  on  CF  too.  couple  small  water  stains.  WHEW!  And  with  all  that it  still  doesn't   look   to  bad. 

Grab  a  reader  for $30

ZVT5GVX.jpg

and I'll take this ;)