• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,166 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, sagii said:

Great pick up! You usually don't see copies with that PQ. Cool that the Resto is VERY minimal.

Congrats! (thumbsu

Resto on this book doesn't bother me a bit. 1947 book, I have never understood why resto bothers folks. I get it if it's a common book,  but this book I'd take it every day and Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Casablanca said:

Resto on this book doesn't bother me a bit. 1947 book, I have never understood why resto bothers folks. I get it if it's a common book,  but this book I'd take it every day and Sunday. 

Absolutely! Extremely tough book to acquire. Historically important, hits all the check marks. 

-and that is a fantastic copy for sure my friend! :applause:

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

The biggest highlights - AC1 8.5(R) and Batman 1 8.0 - of CC auction Sept 2019 ending tonight.

Bat 1 is sitting at $460k before the 3 minute panic buzzer has even sounded!

Guessing 550-600K

Sold for 498K. Not a single bid in extended time format. O.o

Edited by Gotham Kid

22 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Bat 1 is sitting at $460k before the 3 minute panic buzzer has even sounded!

Guessing 550-600K

Sold for 498K. Not a single bid in extended time format. O.o

Definitely a bit surprising that there was not a single bid in the 3-minute extended bidding time format.  :whatthe:

Just as surprising though, if not more, was this book which had no problems racking up extended bids and actually outlasted both copies of Bats 1:  

arc11.230a.jpg

I believe this book started the day at only something like $125 with 12 bids, yet moved right up there during the extended bidding time period until it hit $667 with a total of 43 bids:whatthe:  :whatthe:

Makes me wonder if its because of both Betty and Veronica in butt ugly swim suits or is this another one of those books where collectors are reading far too much into the comment of Archie going "both ways".  (shrug)  :flipbait:

Edited by lou_fine

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely a bit surprising that there was not a single bid in the 3-minute extended bidding time format.  :whatthe:

Just as surprising though, if not more, was this book which had no problems racking up extended bids and actually outlasted both copies of Bats 1:  

arc11.230a.jpg

I believe this book started the day at only something like $125 with 12 bids, yet moved right up there during the extended bidding time period until it hit $667 with a total of 43 bids. :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Makes me wonder if its because of both Betty and Veronica in butt ugly swim suits or is this another one of those books where collectors are reading far too much into the comment of Archie going "both ways".  (shrug)  :flipbait:

Topless Jughead cover bump would be my guess.

7 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

arc11.230a.jpg

I believe this book started the day at only something like $125 with 12 bids, yet moved right up there during the extended bidding time period until it hit $667 with a total of 43 bids. :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Topless Jughead cover bump would be my guess.

Nah...............from the cover image here, I imagine it must be all of the female bidders going after the bottomless trio of Archie, Juggie, and Reg in all of their unabashed glory.  :blush:  lol

Nah...............from the cover image here, I imagine it must be all of the female bidders going after the bottomless trio of Archie, Juggie, and Reg in all of their unabashed glory.  :blush:  lol

I guess the need for some serious manscaping didn't affect the final hammer lol

13 minutes ago, sagii said:

...Mile High Cap Jrs. ending tonight.

Just a spectator but will be exciting to watch :popcorn:

Nowhere near as complete as some of the others, there sure seems to be some rather extended runs in this particular CC Auction on this go round here.

Witness the big SA Batman run from ysterday and then they've got the extended GA Flash and Frnkenstein runs on the slate for Wednesday.  :luhv:

Makes me wonder if a few more of the longer term collectors within this hobby place of ours are also finally starting to cash out, similar to what Berk and a couple of the others have been doing over the past couple of years?  hm

Nowhere near as complete as some of the others, there sure seems to be some rather extended runs in this particular CC Auction on this go round here.

Witness the big SA Batman run from ysterday and then they've got the extended GA Flash and Frnkenstein runs on the slate for Wednesday.  :luhv:

Makes me wonder if a few more of the longer term collectors within this hobby place of ours are also finally starting to cash out, similar to what Berk and a couple of the others have been doing over the past couple of years?  hm

I would certainly say that is the case: Lots of 'vault' books between the Big 3 all year came/coming up for grabs. 

Some will go back into hibernation with their new owners though, and a new guard is spawned as the goodies are passed. 

This Sundays HA auction has yet another Centaur guy cashing out. I'm curious to see if PQ will affect the hammer on one book in particular in that set.

5 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

When does the Action 1 close ?  Any guesses on the sweet Tec 38 closing tonight ? 

The restored Action 1 already closed last night at $314,002.  :gossip:

Hard to say where the CGC 3.0 graded copy of 'Tec 38 will be closing at since it is currently still sitting at only $20.5K.  Most boardies are figuring it will top out at around the $30K mark or thereabouts, which is definitely still a long ways away from the $54K mark that another CGC 3.0 graded copy was able to reach in one of the CC auctions a couple of years ago.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
17 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

When does the Action 1 close ?  Any guesses on the sweet Tec 38 closing tonight ? 

The restored Action 1 already closed last night at $314,002.  :gossip:

Hard to say where the CGC 3.0 graded copy of 'Tec 38 will be closing at since it is currently still sitting at only $20.5K.  Most boardies are figuring it will top out at around the $30K mark or thereabouts, which is definitely still a long ways away from the $54K mark that another CGC 3.0 graded copy was able to reach in one of the CC auctions a couple of years ago.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Additional staples  49724b4bd12443c9764ffb57cabbce24_384.pngon final hammer. A LOT of 38s out there. Buyers can afford to be picky.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Any guesses as to where this graded copy of Black Cat Mystery with the all-time classic cover will be closing at:

bla4.466a.jpg

Especially since I was just in the PCH thread and noticed this raw Fair copy selling for the out of this world astronomical price of $3,250:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

C8B8D02B-FC45-4131-9DA4-E3D6B859215C.jpeg

I imagine both the CGC 5.5 graded copy along with the accompanying CGC 3.5 graded copy both still have a long ways to go since they are currently sitting at only $4,800 and $3,401 respectively if the price of the raw copy is a somewhat accurate refelection of the real market action for this classic cover book.  Well okay, maybe it's really the Frazetta interior art that's making this book pull in the big bucks here.  Or not.  :bigsmile: