• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it is the actual day of the auction and still absolutely zippo from CC in terms of any communications at all about this Event Auction of theirs.  :whatthe:

If I had any books consigned to this auction, I would certainly not be very please about their communications and lack of promotion of this particular go round.  >:(

Of course, good for any potential bidders like me as it might just hopefully mean less competition.  :bigsmile:

wouldn't all the outbid emails be a good indicator?
but now that you mention it, I didn't get any emails auctions end hm

Rick;

Maybe you should contact them and ask them for the scoop on why there are no communications for this particular auction?  hm

Best to do it before Friday though when that gorgeous and HTF World's Finest run from the early 50's is set to hit the 3-minute buzzer.  :wink:

23 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I was just in it for the Action tonight 

DAA877B0-C642-4276-853F-429B906BDC25.jpeg

I bid on this one as well.

It's a nice looking 6.0.  I'm curious if it's an unlabeled Pennsylvania book, the "P" looks close enough to other examples.  I don't know how they would definitely say it isn't from that collection.

19 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I bid on this one as well.

It's a nice looking 6.0.  I'm curious if it's an unlabeled Pennsylvania book, the "P" looks close enough to other examples.  I don't know how they would definitely say it isn't from that collection.

there are a ton of "p" distributor markings...so they probably rely on the  very distinctive page smell Penn have, so if this book had it, I'm sure it would have been noted as a Penn...

4 minutes ago, circumstances said:

Any idea why Rick's Centaurs don't show up when you do a CC search of "sold items"?

Am I doing something wrong?

No, don't believe you are doing anything wrong at all.  

It looks like CC is very far behind when it comes to updating their Sold Items as it looks like they are a few auctions behnd.  

Myabe they need to hire a couple more people in order to keep on top of everything such as these auctionupdates and sending out their auction advisoryemails.  doh!

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:
2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like the AF 15 is still "stuck" there at $455K.

Wonder if there's going to be any more deep pocket buyers willing to dig a little bit deeper into their jeans?  hm

I guess we'll find out in a scant couple of hours from now.  :taptaptap:

What is that, 1.25 x Guide? I don’t normally track this book. Would it get a greater guide ratio at lower, more affordable grades?

It's about 21% above top of guide (i.e. CGC 9.2 NM-) right now, but of course it could possibly go higher at the end in the extended bidding session.  :gossip:

Well, looks like it finished up at $598K or about 60% over top of guide.  :applause:

Not being an avid follower of AF 15, but this would appear to be a pretty strong price to me.  (shrug)

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:
1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Thoughts on the Action 1 hammer at 220k ?

the 8.5 3 side trimmed was about 260? so that's about right I suspect

:frown:

Looks like AF15s in mid-grade have taken a nose dive. A 5.0 sold for $33500.

Apologies for SA talk.

Carry on with Gold.

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Meanwhile, a battle of the wits over AMF 2/5...

Did you managed to snag it in the end?  :wishluck:

I was the underbidder when it was around the $6.5K mark at the end of the initial auction period before it got ramped up to $23,655 at the end of the extended bidding time periods.

I guess that's a fair price and might even be a tad on the low side considering that it is a CGC 9.0 graded Larson pedigree copy.   This is in comparison to a CGC 8.5 graded non-pedigree copy that sold for $19,401 from Gator's collection in the last CC auction a few short months ago.  (shrug)

Either way, congrats to GCG on what appears to be a record setting price on this gorgeous book here.  :applause:

8 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Apologies for SA talk.

Carry on with Gold.

That was a very unattractive 5.0 that actually sold for more than the last 5.0 auctioned. 

10 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
19 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Apologies for SA talk.

Carry on with Gold.

That was a very unattractive 5.0 that actually sold for more than the last 5.0 auctioned. 

I would say that it's a positive sign that bidders are paying more attention to the book, as opposed to just the label.  (thumbsu

On the other hand, I would tend to agree with Peter that the market for mid-grade AF 15's does appear to have softened a bit.  Especially since a $20K+ dropoff from what CC was able to get a couple of years ago for that nicely presenting CGC 5.0 graded copy.  hm

Maybe we also need to get the boardie with the Visa shares who managed to get Bob Storms to sell his CGC 5.0 graded copy for him in the low $50K's to put in his 2 cents worth here.  Although if I remember correctly, he's a bit shy and never really wants to talk about this magnificant AF 15 sale of his.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

11 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
20 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Apologies for SA talk.

Carry on with Gold.

Wasn't it just a couple years ago where AF15s were pushing 10k point in mid-grades, seemingly whether they had MC or any other issues regardless ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

17 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Wasn't it just a couple years ago where AF15s were pushing 10k point in mid-grades, seemingly whether they had MC or any other issues regardless ?

Mc copies typically have sold for less. The margins widened lately. Keep in mind lots of times it’s  folks that auction what they can’t retail. I doubt Storms auctions any af15s cuz he can sell them for retail. I’ve sold a 4.5 copy in the last month for 10% more than that ugly 5.0 just sold. Exceptional copies for the grade still can get 10k ish a point. But folks are differentiating. That’s a good thing.