• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,482 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

You are most welcome! I'm keeping an eye out for the new printing of the Amazing Adult Fantasy Omni that should be out soon. I'll post up pics when I get it.

Oh, it's up now at IST, just hit yesterday. They still have the Brereton direct market variant too. Not bad at all, only $43, probably going to order it today myself!

13 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

IMG_0874.thumb.jpg.8582cf8a5fd6e13863729498cca2e39d.jpgIMG_0875.thumb.jpg.8a87488ae9519f5f9a84237d733de47b.jpgIMG_0873.thumb.jpg.a47cbe25c04542adf2a1bf808a7d4a9b.jpgIMG_0876.thumb.jpg.3be03af64c6478e01366171f6e4ca1f7.jpgIMG_0877.thumb.jpg.7b759f01eb8046510b75bccce6a194a7.jpg

Awesome collection! The books are so pretty lined up like that. A lot of love (and time and money!) in that room!

I sold all of my Archives once they started putting out the omnis, except for Plastic Man. Still eagerly awaiting the day when they give us a Plas Omni so I can sell those off too. But looking at your pic, they're so nice on the shelf, I'm wondering if I should have just kept them. They're a lot easier to read too!

I love your floor to ceiling book cases.

I also like how you kept all of your price guides.  I ditched mine except for the oldest in my possession (1985) and newest one.  They were taking up a lot of room and I never have enough book shelves with all of my trades, Omnibi, paperbacks, and hardcovers.  I know it's a first world problem.

1 hour ago, piper said:

I love your floor to ceiling book cases.

I also like how you kept all of your price guides.  I ditched mine except for the oldest in my possession (1985) and newest one.  They were taking up a lot of room and I never have enough book shelves with all of my trades, Omnibi, paperbacks, and hardcovers.  I know it's a first world problem.

What's funny is that I used to have all of my Overstreet hardcovers on the shelf like that, and always thought they looked cool together. But, not even a month ago, I decided to sell them, because many of them I literally had not touched in 5-10 years. What were the chances I'd ever have a reason to open them up again? I figured I could use the extra shelf space, and wouldn't miss them. 

And I hadn't...until I saw @Dave2739's pics, and now I'm feeling that twinge of regret! ACK! 

Got a question about Absolutes/Essential/Omnibus HCs:

Is there a resource to find out which version of these is the 1st printing of the 1st edition?  And whether a particular book has a later printing or edition?

I know the indicia states this, but often I’m looking at copies that are factory sealed copies. Or the seller doesn’t know what the indicia is. 

I know the ISBN / SKU number on the back can be an indicator but again, how do I know which one is for the 1st/1st?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Number 6

15 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Got a question about Absolutes/Essential/Omnibus HCs:

Is there a resource to find out which version of these is the 1st printing of the 1st edition?  And whether a particular book has a later printing or edition?

I know the indicia states this, but often I’m looking at copies that are factory sealed copies. Or the seller doesn’t know what the indicia is. 

I know the ISBN / SKU number on the back can be an indicator but again, how do I know which one is for the 1st/1st?

Thanks for the help!

Sadly, no.

I asked the same question(s) when hunting for 1st Editions of the Spawn Origins 10-volume hardcovers.

I 'settled' for open books, because they were the only guarantees for 1st Edition.

That being said, there may be random sources that identify if certain books are 1st Edition or not, but there isn't a comprehensive site that I've run across for this kinda information.