• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Result is in! PGM: Planet Comics #12

11 posts in this topic

As one interesting data point, I had a #14 which had the exact same size/location spine split but was maybe a whisker sharper overall, and CGC gave it a 4.5. I'll guess a 4.0 on this #12. Very nice!

12 minutes ago, Point Five said:

As one interesting data point, I had a #14 which had the exact same size/location spine split but was maybe a whisker sharper overall, and CGC gave it a 4.5. I'll guess a 4.0 on this #12. Very nice!

Thanks Jon. I am right in between you and the other posters, at 3.5. But now I can dream of a 4.0 thanks to your experience with CGC. Both 12 and 14 have been submitted to CGC so we will see!

26 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Thanks Jon. I am right in between you and the other posters, at 3.5. But now I can dream of a 4.0 thanks to your experience with CGC. Both 12 and 14 have been submitted to CGC so we will see!

Awesome. Good luck!  :cool:

this looks to be a touch nicer than your #14, so

CGC 3.5

note: thanks to @Point Five for the info regarding his own CGC Planet #14.  I'd be very curious to see how this grades out as we don't have a lot of data on spine split size, and it will demonstrate the degree to which CGC deviates from Overstreet standards regarding spine splits.

One of my three sources mention that 1.5 to 2 inches splits as enough to put in good range, so following it, I give it 2.5 since there are other flaws, perhaps 2.0

Edited by Kromak
missing information

On 1/3/2019 at 8:33 PM, Point Five said:

^^  You hit the nail on the head. I am thrilled with the result!

planet12c.jpg