[CLOSED] LAST CALL! Closing Tomorrow A.M.! Treasure Chest, True Comics, GA funny animals; 25% Off True Comics; 3 for $20 GA Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies left too!

92 posts in this topic

6,646 posts
Posted (edited)

Hiya gang,

I have a stack of about 50 comics here between these two titles. Both are niches, not for everyone, so I will offer them in their own thread rather than as a sizable chunk of a thread that would otherwise be more general.

:rulez:

PM negotiations are always welcome but first :takeit: in the thread wins.

Payment: Check or money order; I do not have paypal.

Shipping: Actual; USPS Priority mostly, though I will use first class when it is cheaper, usually for a single book. Canada ships at actual.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me on your dime in the same shape.

Edited by Readcomix

6,646 posts
Posted (edited)

:news: CLAIMED via PM! 

Freebie Alert! :insane:

True Comics #46 in about Fair; free with any purchase; just claim it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

6,646 posts

True Comics #53 VG/VG+ Eleanor Roosevelt and Tom Paine in this one.  (NOT Marvel Team-Up style! lol) $10

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

6,646 posts

True Comics #56 Copy B, a different flavor of GD/GD+ really; though I think it's a smidge better than Copy A personally, I don't think there's a meaningful difference. $5

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1,121 posts
8 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

(NOT Marvel Team-Up style! lol) $1

Can you imagine??  :shy:

6,646 posts
2 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Can you imagine??  :shy:

That's the problem; now I can't unsee! :facepalm:

6,646 posts

That's all I've got shot right now and it's late here in the east, but I did want to get Started tonight. Lots more to come; there is no #47 or #55 in this lot, but there is a fairly long contiguous chunk, the Joe DiMaggio and Stan Musial issues are here, and many later issues are subscriber copies with the mailing label still affixed, including one of the very late-run subscriber-only scarce issues. (Scarce per OSPG)

Treasure Chests will come after these; they run from vol 2 (1947) to vol 7 (1952) and look nice enough at a glance. I may lot these up in small batches if they make that kind of sense.

Thanks all!

1,121 posts
Just now, Readcomix said:

Treasure Chests will come after these; they run from vol 2 (1947) to vol 7 (1952) and look nice enough at a glance. I may lot these up in small batches if they make that kind of sense.

I recall getting a whole stack of Treasure Chests as a young kid at a garage sale or somewhere and reading all those Champ stories about his adventures at camp. Pretty cool feature overall. (thumbsu

6,646 posts
Posted (edited)

True Comics #58 FR/GD due to upper left corner being missing, small piece of upper right cover corner missing. $4

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Gave wrong issue #

6,646 posts
Posted (edited)

True Comics #60 VG Nazi resistance story. $10

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Lowered grade

6,646 posts
Posted (edited)

:news: SOLD via PM! True Comics #61 VG+ to VG/FN $10

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

6,646 posts

Back in a bit with the oversize issues, which began with #67. We are near-contiguous through #81, missing only issue #80 I think.