Stolen comics
3 3

78 posts in this topic

935 posts

Boca Raton, Florida to Arizona is about 2000 miles.

Edited by D84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,854 posts
7 minutes ago, D84 said:

Boca Raton, Florida to Arizona is about 2000 miles.

:insane:

a lot more than Paris - Lisbon, crossing 3 countries (around 1800 Km)

USA: I recall my only trip. Big, big country. Endless roads.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,547 posts
15 minutes ago, D84 said:

Boca Raton, Florida to Arizona is about 2000 miles.

And that goes straight through Houston. I would have smelled those books going through town. I think the thief took a flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,854 posts
4 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Houston

and Austin. And Texas. :x

Of the States I visited, the one I liked the most.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,854 posts
6 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I think the thief took a flight.

You think thief took just a small batch of the 400 books to see how easy to sell ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,800 posts
25 minutes ago, D84 said:

Boca Raton, Florida to Arizona is about 2000 miles.

22 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

:insane:

a lot more than Paris - Lisbon, crossing 3 countries (around 1800 Km)

USA: I recall my only trip. Big, big country. Endless roads.

Ah, I love it when Europeans try to compare distances and realise how big some countries are. I was asked in London if I knew someone who lived in Perth. I got to explain that Perth was about 40% further from my place than Moscow is from where we were standing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,608 posts
9 minutes ago, AJD said:

Ah, I love it when Europeans try to compare distances and realise how big some countries are. I was asked in London if I knew someone who lived in Perth. I got to explain that Perth was about 40% further from my place than Moscow is from where we were standing.

 

And I assume you then  said “that’s not a knife...”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,800 posts
2 minutes ago, szavisca said:

And I assume you then  said “that’s not a knife...”

lol No, I had both hands full with glasses of beer and couldn't get to my knife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,854 posts
7 minutes ago, AJD said:

lol No, I had both hands full with glasses of beer and couldn't get to my knife.

f35a88280196f64315761b3ecc1a7ca4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,063 posts
5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

f35a88280196f64315761b3ecc1a7ca4.jpg

 

wine.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,854 posts
17 minutes ago, woowoo said:

 

wine.jpg

3453dfae273ccf9262c88236432fb870.jpg

Edited by Gotham Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,232 posts
On 1/11/2019 at 10:58 PM, nearmint said:

Ponseti reports that the books have turned up in the Phoenix area.  The thief tried to sell them to a LCS.  Police are investigating.  

Which means there should be cctv images of the thief in the store and/or the street outside it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,232 posts
10 hours ago, D84 said:

Florida to Arizona is over a 24 hour drive.

If only there were ways that people could fly like birds from one state to another

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,232 posts
9 hours ago, AJD said:

Ah, I love it when Europeans try to compare distances and realise how big some countries are. I was asked in London if I knew someone who lived in Perth. I got to explain that Perth was about 40% further from my place than Moscow is from where we were standing.

 

people forget that Oz is basically the size of our contiguous 48.   Western Europeans grow up thinking that a few hours in any direction will get you to a whole other country,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,612 posts
2 hours ago, bluechip said:

people forget that Oz is basically the size of our contiguous 48.   Western Europeans grow up thinking that a few hours in any direction will get you to a whole other country,.

Blame the Wizard. 'Just up the road' he said...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
935 posts
6 hours ago, bluechip said:

If only there were ways that people could fly like birds from one state to another

Flying with over 400 slabbed books?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,522 posts
10 hours ago, bluechip said:

 Western Europeans grow up thinking that a few hours in any direction will get you to a whole other country,.

When the truth is...

The-Hallow-Eart.jpg

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,232 posts
2 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

When the truth is...

The-Hallow-Eart.jpg

LIk3 

 

2 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

When the truth is...

The-Hallow-Eart.jpg

Well... "any direction" could also be up or down...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,932 posts
23 hours ago, D84 said:

Florida to Arizona is over a 24 hour drive.

From Chicago to LA, I drove 36 hours plus many rests.

From Boca Raton Florida to LA is 38 hours.  A pretty long drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3