• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Does CGC Verify Signature Series Books at a Con?

8 posts in this topic

Okay guys first things first hope all is well to whomever is reading this, second sorry for the stupid question but i will be going to my first con (wondercon) 2019 and i have a few books i want to get signed from different writers and artists. So how exactly does it work to get my book witnessed by cgc? 

Thank you in advance!!!

52 minutes ago, Antyreal said:

Here you go

LOL also how do you manage a line, do you wait in Campbell's line and then once your at the front say, excuse me while I go get a witness?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

51 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

LOL also how do you manage a line, do you wait in Campbell's line and then once your at the front say, excuse me while I go get a witness?

What I did was I got a witnesses phone number and then when I got towards the front of the line I texted him and let him know I was towards the front.

11 minutes ago, Beyonder123 said:

What I did was I got a witnesses phone number and then when I got towards the front of the line I texted him and let him know I was towards the front.

Thanks! I've not met some artists and only dropped off with the facilitator most of the time.... due to the process seeming convoluted....

This one makes since :)

Campbell and other big name artists (Hughes, Jim Lee, etc), usually have you leave the comics with CGC and then sign them all privately. CGC will notify you if that is the case when you get to their stand. Many of the other artists or actors, CGC will send a witness with you. If the line is too long, the guy may give you his number to text, like it was mentioned above. The CGC crew have done this before and have plans in place. Other groups may have their own witnesses taking care of things too at their booths, Comic Sketch Arturo example.

Basically, find the CGC booth and they will set you up!

Campbell also makes you purchase a "special certificate" to go with EACH BOOK that you want to submit to CGC.  I think it's $20 per certificate these days.  You also can't buy one certificate and then submit extra books, CGC enforces that there is 1 certificate PER BOOK when they take the submission.  CGC will REJECT your submission without the appropriate amount of certs or they might acept it and then just give you a GREEN LABEL for the books that don't have them!!!  I suggest going to Campbell's facebook or website to see if he has instructions there.