• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barcodes Games - Dr. Strange 71

7 posts in this topic

I was going through Doctor Strange master of the Mystic Arts and saw that I have 2 different versions of barcodes on issue 71 with one making Dr. Strange's head shot. What is the deal here? I recall seeing this once before but do  not recall if it was this issue or another. Can anyoneshare any light on this and do you have any other examples? I think it is really cool and put it aside as a keeper.

Dxjtl_mWoAEd1tt.jpg

Dxjtl_pW0AAVlva.jpg

Just now, Bird said:

Hopefully we find out together, I have two versions so clearlyit wasn't on them all but interestingly MCS has the doc version.

The one with the art resembling a UPC (and the "M" price box :cloud9:) is a Direct edition and the other is a Newsstand.

MCS uses stock images and rarely separate Direct and Newsstand editions. If you look through many titles on their site, there is a mix of the two editions, with no rhyme or reason.

I worked at 7-11 during this time and used to...ahem...pay myself in comics occasionally. I wonder if that is where I got it?!?! (Hey, I was a stupid teen and stupid teens do stupid things.)