• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Glue?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Recently bought a book online and noticed some white spots on the top edge

Will not get the comic for a few days but do you guys think this is glue?

Judging by the condition of the book it does not seem like someone would put glue here.

Let me know what you think.

FF 36  top.JPG

FF 36  side.JPG

4 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It may simply be a stain. However, it is white. I guess you will have to look closely when you get it in hand. 

If it was a water stain how much would a stain of this size effect grade?

14 minutes ago, grayzr said:

If it was a water stain how much would a stain of this size effect grade?

We would really need to see pics of the whole book. Depending on the grade of the rest of the book it may have a minimal affect on the grade. However, CGC usually slams even small stains . You also need to see if the 'stain' permeates the cover. I don't think it will affect the grade much but as with all things CGC, 'it depends'. 

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

We would really need to see pics of the whole book. Depending on the grade of the rest of the book it may have a minimal affect on the grade. However, CGC usually slams even small stains . You also need to see if the 'stain' permeates the cover. I don't think it will affect the grade much but as with all things CGC, 'it depends'. 

When I receive the book i will post high quality pics and also have an idea of whats going on.