• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant-Size X-Men #1 - get it now?
3 3

284 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Mjolnir! said:

Great to hear as I own both books!  I was just curious if the recent surge in demand has been equal among both books?

I think so but TBHWY prices have been going up on a lot of books! Including ones I never would think would be worth $$$

13 minutes ago, comics4all said:

7.0 is nothing to sneeze at for GSX 1!

It's sure worth more than $500 now!

I would feel good if I were you!

:tink:

Sometimes it's hard lol just because I had a low grade ASM 129 and IH 180...

But I didn't have GSXM #1, so the collector in me wanted that taken care of :sumo:

Then prices went crazy, I've got the higher grade 180, maybe with Disney and Netflix prices may simmer to upgrade that ASM 129 :wishluck:

Just lucky I got in on any of them :eek:

1 hour ago, Darkowl said:

I'm not gonna lie, If Nightcrawler wasn't my favorite character, I never would have owned multiple copies of this book throughout my life. 

He's my second favorite x man. I think Wein designed the red vest a little too pointy at the shoulders though. Do you own ASM 161 or 162?

10 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

I just got it ....... now what?

7E396DBE-A5A9-453E-BB35-DDFC9EF7B4AE.thumb.jpeg.8c29011198d0a8ffeaeab5077fdc4e47.jpeg

I do think this book will jump a bit more when an MCU movie is announced. 

What do you mean, now you give it to me! (:

Seriously, nice white pages :) new holder, 2 things that my 7.0 does not have lol

seriously this time CONGRATS ^^

I was finally able to snag my holy grail of owning a Giant-Size X-Men 1 (CGC 7.0 Signature Series with Stan Lee). Problem is, when it arrived in the mail, the case was all cracked and seriously looks as though it's been tampered with. The book looks more like a 5.5 in my opinion. Buyers beware of purchasing off eBay, even with if the seller has nothing but positive reviews, make sure to do your diligence.

15 hours ago, IvoryBonesJones said:

I was finally able to snag my holy grail of owning a Giant-Size X-Men 1 (CGC 7.0 Signature Series with Stan Lee). Problem is, when it arrived in the mail, the case was all cracked and seriously looks as though it's been tampered with. The book looks more like a 5.5 in my opinion. Buyers beware of purchasing off eBay, even with if the seller has nothing but positive reviews, make sure to do your diligence.

Does it look like shipping damage or was the case tampered with beforehand? The new cases are very hard to mess with without breaking. So what do you mean by looks tampered with?  Just look at the videos on how to open new CGC cases. If it was shipping damage, there is a chance that whatever damaged the case also got the book.

If you got scammed, that sucks. So contact the seller ASAP and calmly say what the issues are. Contact eBay also and file a claim, they are generally generous to buyers and you will get you money back. If it is shipping damages, it is time to file a claim.

Edited by drotto

6 hours ago, drotto said:

Does it look like shipping damage or was the case tampered with beforehand? The new cases are very hard to mess with without breaking. So what do you mean by looks tampered with?  Just look at the videos on how to open new CGC cases. If it was shipping damage, there is a chance that whatever damaged the case also got the book.

If you got scammed, that sucks. So contact the seller ASAP and calmly say what the issues are. Contact eBay also and file a claim, they are generally generous to buyers and you will get you money back. If it is shipping damages, it is time to file a claim.

It's not one of the newer cases, but from the previous design. The case has a massive hole in the upper left corner, which caused a huge crack in the whole upper portion of the case. Also, the broken pieces have fallin inside of the case. When the seller did his listing, he only provided images of the front and not the back (which is where all the damage is), so there's something fishy about that. 

So the real annoying thing is, since this is a Signature Series, it puts the whole autograph in question. Would I be able to send into CGC and just get it re-slabbed? Or would they give me a green label since it's now hard to prove the signatures authenticity? Any help on this would be awesome. Thanks!!!

IMG_20190327_141339227.jpg

IMG_20190327_141523711.jpg

IMG_20190327_141527054.jpg

IMG_20190327_141548894.jpg

IMG_20190327_141603181.jpg

10 minutes ago, IvoryBonesJones said:

It's not one of the newer cases, but from the previous design. The case has a massive hole in the upper left corner, which caused a huge crack in the whole upper portion of the case. Also, the broken pieces have fallin inside of the case. When the seller did his listing, he only provided images of the front and not the back (which is where all the damage is), so there's something fishy about that. 

So the real annoying thing is, since this is a Signature Series, it puts the whole autograph in question. Would I be able to send into CGC and just get it re-slabbed? Or would they give me a green label since it's now hard to prove the signatures authenticity? Any help on this would be awesome. Thanks!!!

IMG_20190327_141339227.jpg

IMG_20190327_141523711.jpg

IMG_20190327_141527054.jpg

IMG_20190327_141548894.jpg

IMG_20190327_141603181.jpg

Imo, I believe cgc would reholder this no problem.... ^^

Have the seller refund enough to pay for it though....

32 minutes ago, IvoryBonesJones said:

Cool, thanks! I'm gonna call em tomorrow.

You could always email Brittany McManus about it 

bmcmanus@cgccomics.com

She could put your mind more at ease for reholder I think.... and I think cgc would do it without regrading 

Not sure what @drotto will say 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

You could always email Brittany McManus about it 

bmcmanus@cgccomics.com

She could put your mind more at ease for reholder I think.... and I think cgc would do it without regrading 

Not sure what @drotto will say 

Thanks, I'm really new to the boards here, so this is all good information to me. Really appreciate it. :)

1 minute ago, IvoryBonesJones said:

Thanks, I'm really new to the boards here, so this is all good information to me. Really appreciate it. :)

It's all good :)

but pack it carefully when you ship, don't crack the case any further, CGC  will crack the case and give it a once over to make sure that the case cracking didn't hurt the book etc, but I've had cases crack similar that got reholdered fine :foryou:

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's all good :)

but pack it carefully when you ship, don't crack the case any further, CGC  will crack the case and give it a once over to make sure that the case cracking didn't hurt the book etc, but I've had cases crack similar that got reholdered fine :foryou:

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely make sure it's packed properly this time around. I really don't wanna have to return to the seller, so I'm hoping this might work out.

8 minutes ago, IvoryBonesJones said:

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely make sure it's packed properly this time around. I really don't wanna have to return to the seller, so I'm hoping this might work out.

If you send brittany the email with the pics you provided tonight, maybe she could give a definite yay or nay by late tomorrow. If the seller can wait or idk.

I really think that it's saveable but be 100% sure if possible

Edited by ADAMANTIUM