• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Seeding Round
8 8

339 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sckao said:

Post what you think your scores are so we can run a quick double check...

Edited by kav

There's a thread on the boards about grading books with Siamese pages with CGC examples.  The result was don't tear the pages apart or else it would be harshly graded.

I did my research and got burned - no not burned - crispy crittered on the ASM.  However 14-6 overall I think - no bye for me.

1 minute ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Are you keeping score or is Blowie?

I do the spreadsheets. Once I verify they're correct... Then BlowUptheMoon can do them going forward since the next rounds only have FOUR books and are much simpler.

It's a rather large Excel spreadsheet with VLOOKUPS, RANKINGS, and other formulas.

35 minutes ago, speedcake said:

20 - 4  unless I've done my math horribly wrong?

I also would like to know what happened with 2001. What did I  miss?

has scrape under first "0" and one over jupiter and at end of "2001" and one under comics code dented rt top corner scuffing top back cvr and foxing spine back cvr.

4 minutes ago, boatfund said:

There's a thread on the boards about grading books with Siamese pages with CGC examples.

There was a squarebound with Siamese pages in last years Seeding Round. 

15 minutes ago, timfinz said:

I compared the "schmutz" to other books that graded much higher that appeared to have the same "schmutz". Is there something else besides the "schmutz" that lowered the grade that much? I mean look at this 2001 with the same "schmutz" (shrug)

2001-9.6.jpg

I thought that the staples had some spots of rust.  Discoloration at the least, if not actual rust. 

57 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Mine is 11-8.  4 books are pretty tricky.

So we are WAY off here...

We are getting 13-5 for you. +2, +2, -1, +3, -2, +2, +2, -1, -1, +2 = 13-5