Your favorite comic!
3 3

27 posts in this topic

356 posts

Of all comic book that you own, what is your favorite? Regardless of monetary value.

Mine is a Amazing Spider-Man #252

45,825 posts

71lzNvQaAiL._SX385_.jpg

9,854 posts

Hard to narrow it down.hm

1,536 posts

Venom #1 (Lethal Protector) was sacred to me as a kid.  : )

303 posts

I'll beg forgiveness and break the rules by posting a second one

Everyone vs the Big G in FF 243

images.jpg

385 posts
1 minute ago, Brian48 said:

I'd say it's probably this one.  Maybe not my most valuable, but it's the one that started my interest in pursuing Adams Bats.

RADB907F2011315_103916.jpg

Sweetness!

131 posts

Spawn #39. Kind of highlighted the plight of humanity and being a kid and such. Really hit home for me.

2,713 posts

One of these two... I posted these in the "Your Favorite Copper Covers" thread too...

Two of the first (if not *the* first) comics I bought off the stands, I think.  I believe I got them at a gas station or something at the bottom of Sugar Mountain when we were going to stay up at Sugar Top, during the summer for some reason...

I read them both so many times and just LOVE the juxtaposition between the covers.

293GoldenState-CGCNMMT.thumb.jpg.d4ee48bb1afc40120b012cd21cda9b38.jpg

26-CGCNMMT.thumb.jpg.ec3bb732a09181bdb1171384d2d1781e.jpg

9,854 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Skylath said:

Spawn #39. Kind of highlighted the plight of humanity and being a kid and such. Really hit home for me.

899921.jpg

Having thought about the question, it's still got to be this one, and for a similar reason.

The death of Ferro Lad, one of the first, and most moving comics I've ever read.

Andrew Nolan, a human mutant born with the ability to transform himself into organic iron, giving him super-strength and invulnerability; in effect, DC's version of Colossus. Unfortunately, his mutation also disfigures him facially, and, being generally shunned by society, he wears a mask to hide his scars.  Despite persistent mistreatment, he still rises above it all and sacrifices his life to defeat the Sun Eater threat, saving not just the Legion, but everyone on Earth, including his selfish, narrow-minded abusers, of course.

As someone who's experienced considerable abuse due to being autistic, there's an obvious real-life parallel here : have the strength to break the cycle and protect, rather than angrily perpetuate it.

There's also another X-Men parallel, in that the threat and the eventual sacrifice made are basically very, very similar to another classic favourite of mine - the Death of Phoenix in X-Men 137.

Edited by Ken Aldred