• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

The character is Kate Bishop she's been around as Hawkeye for the better part of 16 years. She's part of the Young Avengers with Wanda's children Tommy and Billy and if rumors for TFatWS are true another member of the team will show up there too. It seems to me all the current shows are building to Young Avengers 

16 years is new for me

When Tommy and Billy return in Dr Strange 2 after Wanda figures out how to bring them back permanently, I'm guessing they'll have aged 10 years in limbo or wherever their souls went, so they'll be 20 and also ready to sign up for a Young Avengers project. That leaves Hulkling who I think will show up in Secret Invasion.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

When Tommy and Billy return in Dr Strange 2 after Wanda figures out how to bring them back permanently, I'm guessing they'll have aged 10 years in limbo or wherever their souls went, so they'll be 20 and also ready to sign up for a Young Avengers project. That leaves Hulkling who I think will show up in Secret Invasion.

I think that has been hinted to already he will be included. More than once. So won't be surprised if he shows up.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I think that has been hinted to already he will be included. More than once. So won't be surprised if he shows up.

he is a pretty important character in the comics right now

3 hours ago, piper said:

Falcon/Winter Soldier is the one that I'm least excited about.  That said, I'm sure that I'll love it.

The whole time travel angle in Loki sounds intriguing.

Indeed! That should be most interesting! 

I've looked for this in the past but couldn't find it...why is he called Hulkling?  When I first heard the name I figured he was somehow tied to the Hulk, but since he's half Kree, half Skrull I never found a tie to Banner.

13 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I've looked for this in the past but couldn't find it...why is he called Hulkling?  When I first heard the name I figured he was somehow tied to the Hulk, but since he's half Kree, half Skrull I never found a tie to Banner.

No ties to Hulk at all. He just looks like Hulk, thus the nickname. His Earth name is Ted and his alien name is Dorrek.

19 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Cool.  At the time I posed my pic Sideshow didn't even have her on their site yet, but two hours later when you looked I guess they did and I do see it now.

Hasbro is doing a 6" figure of her, and theirs has no cape or hood and she looks like we mostly saw her in the show.  The only time you see the cape and hood is in that final CGI scene where she's flying off, so they must have added the cape and hood late in production after filming was over.  Hasbro's releases in a month or two and they usually take about a year to go from idea to produced item, so that also suggests they only recently added the cape and hood into her new design.  Hot Toys doesn't release theirs for well over a year so they must have just created their prototype within the last few months after the cape was added.

Darkhold is included...

20210310_025451.thumb.jpg.904b7c72c3f94021de6158f55aee8039.jpg

On 3/9/2021 at 12:51 AM, Hibou said:

So I just had to look up that figure (and preorder one in the process), but this looks interesting. Although it's blurred, she may come with the Darkhold. 🤔

the-scarlet-witch-sixth-scale-figure-by-hot-toys_marvel_gallery_6046e6f0334ee.thumb.jpg.4bfbae884eeeacca4a2752937433b201.jpg

With that costume and the Darkhold, I bet this becomes one of its bigger responses.

:applause:

14 hours ago, the blob said:

ok, we get it. you didn't think it was good. it seems most folks who watched to the end, and there were a lot of them, liked it. so you're in the minority. we're all entitled to our opinions. am i unhappy with some lose ends and plot gaps? yes. I just finished watching 7 seasons of SHIELD. did i like the series overall? yes. were there some parts i wasn't excited about? yes. did the last 3 seasons enter jump the shark territory? yes. did i watch them anyway even though i felt like some of the plot and dialogue for each season felt like it was written by a group of drunks over a long weekend? yes. was i thinking to myself "folks got paid to write this ? why am I working as a lawyer? i should have gone to hollywood."

MXn8FuP.gif?noredirect

People have soured on the show due to the finale. No payoff will do that.

WandaVision season 1 came and went without an appearance by Mephisto, leaving many fan theories inaccurate; here is everything viewers thought was Mephisto during the show. In the lead-up to Marvel Studios' first Disney+ series, fans continued to question who or what WandaVision's villain could be. With WandaVision setting up Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and other pieces of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's future, the common belief was that the show's villain would be a major threat pulling strings in the shadows.

Although several Marvel villains were theorized to be involved in WandaVision, Mephisto was undeniably the most popular suggestion. Fans became convinced that the demon and ruler of "Hell" would show up in the Disney+ show in some form. This was partially due to the comic history between Mephisto and Scarlet Witch. The source material connected Mephisto to Wanda Maximoff's twins by having them be created with fragments of his soul, which Mephisto later absorbed and caused the disappearance of Billy and Tommy. Many expected a similar connection to be made in the MCU that would result in Mephisto's devilish form appearing at some point in WandaVision.

• Agatha's Bunny Señor Scratchy
  • Agatha's Husband Ralph
  • Fake Pietro
  • Dottie
  • A Cicada
  • Director Hayward

First, let’s start with that ending. Spoiler alert here. The ending of WandaVision saw Wanda accepting that she needed to say goodbye to the world she created. Which, meant saying goodbye to the Vision she had created, as well as her children. Schaeffer was asked if there was an alternative ending in mind:

“Not really. This is essentially what we envisioned from the very beginning. This was always going to be a story about grief, and we took that seriously, and it’s a little bit reductive, but we used the stages of grief to map out the arc of the season, and we knew that we wanted to take it to a place of acceptance. It is acceptance in two ways, it’s ultimately Wanda’s acceptance of the mantle of the Scarlet Witch, and then secondly and perhaps more importantly it is acceptance of her grief and of the fact that she has to let Vision and the boys go. So, you know, things changed along the way and there were discoveries and enhancements and all the sort of ins and outs of the finale specifically was kind of ever-shifting, but the actual goodbye scene was written fairly early on and we were all united behind it.”

If you’re watched WandaVision and commentators talking about WandaVision, you’ve probably seen a lot of speculation as to who the big bad was. Many people guessed that it was a character named Mephisto pulling the strings. When asked why Mephisto didn’t appear in the show, Schaeffer responded:

“We didn’t think this series needed a big bad. I mean, the big bad is grief, you know, and that’s the story that we were telling, and then we got a bonus baddie in the form of Agatha Harkness who ended up facilitating Wanda’s therapy, so yeah, I think we feel pretty good about that.”

Schaeffer was also asked why Doctor Strange didn’t make an appearance in the show:

“I heart Doctor Strange just like anybody. Yeah, it’s one of those things, that’s how the chips fell, that’s how the cookie crumbled, is what I will say, but I look forward to seeing him on screen with Wanda in Doctor Strange 2.”

https://collider.com/wandavision-problems-cameos-teasers/

A little snarky, let's say, but not necessarily wrong. 

Spoiler

‘WandaVision’ Failed to Deliver Things That Were Never Promised to Me

Who wants to watch a show about grief when I’m supposed to be getting sold on future Marvel things?

For two months now, I’ve gone on Twitter after episodes of WandaVision, and everyone has been speculating about what’s to come. The astrophysicist that Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris) mentioned? That has to be Reed Richards because a new Fantastic Four movie is in the works. Sure, they haven’t even finished a -script and director Jon Watts is still working on Spider-Man: No Way Home and a major piece of casting like that almost always leaks out in some form, but I was promised by the Internet that John Krasinski would play Reed Richards, which of course means that his real-world wife Emily Blunt was also being cast as Sue Storm aka The Invisible Woman. The Internet said so, and because Monica said the word “astrophysicist” that means Fantastic Four. Twitter told me so.

Also, because Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen) is dealing with magic, that also means Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) has to show up. We know that Olsen is part of the cast of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and so Doctor Strange had to appear in WandaVision. That’s not even a question; the only question is when Cumberbatch was making his cameo appearance so that we could get ready for the next Marvel movie. Even though it’s not next and doesn’t even come out until 2022, we need some kind of teaser. If you don’t tease the next Marvel thing, then what are we even doing here?

So imagine my utter rage and disappointment when WandaVision turned out to be a grief drama. UGH. FEELINGS. If I wanted to watch Elizabeth Olsen in a TV series about grief, I would watch Sorry for Your Loss, which I haven’t, but I’m just saying it’s an option. But my superhero shows are supposed to be about giving me more superheroes. It’s supposed to be a teaser machine where instead of enjoying the current narrative, I need to be sold on the next narrative. What does Wanda’s emotional state possibly tell me about whether or not Mephisto is going to come along later?

By treating Wanda’s story as one about grief, loss, and healing, Marvel denied me the chance to connect my comic book knowledge to the movies. Do you think we read comic books for fun? NO. We read them so we can amass a bunch of knowledge about storylines and then feel secure that we’re ahead of the curve when the movies come along to repeat those storylines. I haven’t been burned this badly by Marvel since The Mandarin turned out to be just an actor in Iron Man 3. Why would you play with my expectations, Marvel? To surprise me? To bring me joy? The only joy I feel is when my fan theories are proved correct so that people know I’m smart.

I don’t watch Marvel stuff to feel feelings or to think about my emotions or consider my place in the world or my relationships with others. I watch them for two reasons: 1) To acknowledge comic books (the more obscure the better, so as to reward my efforts), and 2) to tease future Marvel projects at the expense of the one I’m currently watching. We all know that the best part of Avengers: Age of Ultron is when Thor (Chris Hemsworth) goes on his vision quest because that clued us into the Infinity Stones even though stones had already been mentioned the previous year in Guardians of the Galaxy. I also think we can all agree that Iron Man 2 is the best Marvel movie because it does so much heavy lifting in setting up future Marvel movies. And in my opinion, there has not been a better Marvel scene than the one in Thor where Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) is in a bucket to introduce us to Hawkeye.

WandaVision denied us all of these great kinds of moments that were not promised by the show in any way, but they were promised to us by the fandom, which is obviously more important than the thing they’re supposedly a fan of. If you’re not listening to the fans, then what are you even doing? Crafting a story with a strong character arc to explore a universal emotion that resonates deeply with the viewer? Who wants that?! Looking back at WandaVision, all I see are a bunch of missed opportunities. Instead of using the series to introduce the X-Men, they just turned it into a gag about a guy named Ralph Bohner, which, while objectively hilarious, did not support my fan theory, so the show failed. WandaVision made me look foolish, and all entertainment must support my ego.

I really hope that Marvel learns from the errors they made with WandaVision. We can’t allow studios to enable creators to entrust their audience with emotions and thematic resonance. The whole point of an interconnected superhero universe is to abandon the main plotline as soon as it gets to selling us on the next thing in the interconnected superhero universe. Rather than selling us on Fantastic Four or Doctor Strange 2 or the arrival of mutants—things that we have already been sold on and will watch no matter what—WandaVision was about feelings and characters and that’s just unacceptable. I do not watch superhero movies and shows to think and feel. I watch them so that my fandom is affirmed, and being a fan means always looking ahead to the next thing rather than spending time in the present. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to start theorizing about when we can expect Chris Evans to make a cameo in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

6 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

MXn8FuP.gif?noredirect

People have soured on the show due to the finale. No payoff will do that.

"People"? If it came back for a season 2 zillions of people would be excited and watch it.  It would again be the top show in TV unless. A few people didn't like it, a few more were irritated by the end (possibly because they did some comic spec). You can't make everyone happy. Some people didn't like how Avengers Endgame wrapped up too. A lot of "people" complained about Joker and Captain Marvel. DC and Marvel have a billion+ reasons to not care. Heck, some people hated Black Panther. $1.3+ billions to not care. Seriously, I read reviews basically saying Joker was a piece of garbage. 

Edited by the blob