• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question: Savvy Boardie Investor
3 3

202 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The thing with MSH#18 is that group is not the beloved Guardians of the Galaxy of the movies. Basically a whole different team with the same name.

which I prefer btw to some talking root, a wiseacre with an attitude, a freakin raccoon- :pullhair:

3 hours ago, kav said:

which I prefer btw to some talking root, a wiseacre with an attitude, a freakin raccoon- :pullhair:

Unfortunately you just described about 75% of the cinematic Marvel universe.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

Unfortunately you just described about 75% of the cinematic Marvel universe.

:sorry:

7 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

And you’re a wanna-be artist

Wanna-be artist is one thing, wanna be singer is American Idol GOLD lol 

11 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Someone certainly doesn't know what a McGuffin, Mary Sue, subjectivity, or an opinion is. That person isn't me.

I actually get real sex..., involving someone else...,  occasionally...., 

On 3/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, the blob said:

You are wrong about almost all of it. Maybe you should see a movie before attacking it. It was a fun movie. There were flaws. I liked it more than 2 of 3 thor movies and every iron man movie. But you seem to have talked to James woods or rush Limbaugh or whatever to make your decision.

I was 100% wrong on all my guesses.  Great movie and very well written!  NASA can recall probe immediately!!

9 hours ago, kav said:

Wanna-be artist is one thing, wanna be singer is American Idol GOLD lol 

That was just fun playing around for me. I never deluded myself into thinking it would be my career, or for one second think I'm TALENTED at it, and join forums and overly criticize professionals who are 10,000X better than me. 

No. That would be YOU.

15 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The thing with MSH#18 is that group is not the beloved Guardians of the Galaxy of the movies. Basically a whole different team with the same name.

Yeah, but that hasn't stopped other not-anything-like-the-movie-version first appearances from doing well. The Carol Danvers of MSH #13 or Ms. Marvel #1 looks nothing like the Captain Marvel we see in the movies.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:34 PM, cosmic_surfer said:

Question for the savvy investor: What is the staying power of Marvel Superheroes 13 and Ms. Marvel 1?

Captain Marvel movie has been out for almost 2 weeks now and I just don’t get the sense that people should be holding on to these for investment purposes. Unlike Black Panther, which is beloved by not only the Afro community but also the general public. 

Im not trying to be political or SJW here. I love super hero movies (both DC and Marvel) but this is just my observation. 

Thanks!

With Captain Marvel about to pass Wonder Woman at the box office this week-end and sometime over a billion dollars box office during the next few weeks we can bet there will be at least a sequel and possibly a trilogy now, so most likey over the next few years both Marvel Superheroes #13 and Ms. Marvel #1 will be more costly than now. In other words thanks to Hollywood more people know about Captain Marvel than a month ago which creates more fans and interest.

'Captain Marvel' Is Soaring Past 'Wonder Woman,' 'Spider-Man' (Box Office)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/03/21/captain-marvel-brie-larson-wonder-woman-twilight-spider-man-frozen-star-wars-box-office/#35cefa85a90f

Yes, Captain Marvel is officially over the $800 million global box office milestone, with a current 15-day global cume of $812.2m thus far. That includes $282.2m in 13 days of domestic play ($4.5m on Wednesday) and $530m overseas ($10.6m overseas on Wednesday). The film earned $15.1m worldwide yesterday, meaning that unless it crashes hard today it'll pass the unadjusted worldwide cumes of Wonder Woman ($821m in 2017) and Spider-Man ($821m in 2002) to become one of the very biggest non-sequel superhero movies ever.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, RCheli said:

Yeah, but that hasn't stopped other not-anything-like-the-movie-version first appearances from doing well. The Carol Danvers of MSH #13 or Ms. Marvel #1 looks nothing like the Captain Marvel we see in the movies.

At least though it is Carol Danvers and not a whole new team. Kind of like how the Netflix Defenders had nothing to do with the Marvel Defenders comic book.  A good majority of Marvel movie fans love Starlord,Drax, Rocket Raccoon,Groot and Gamora but not one of those characters are in MSH#18. So that`s why the appeal is so very low for MSH#18.  So definitely MSH#13 is a much better bet than MSH#18 imho.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

8 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

So definitely MSH#13 is a much better bet than MSH#18 imho.

If I were buying either RIGHT NOW, the MSH#18 would be a better investment, as I feel it's at its lowest post-movie point, whereas MSH#13 is overpriced (though dropping). So there's more room for improvement leading up the GOTG 3 and the next Avengers...

3 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

That was just fun playing around for me. I never deluded myself into thinking it would be my career, or for one second think I'm TALENTED at it, and join forums and overly criticize professionals who are 10,000X better than me. 

No. That would be YOU.

Ok if I post your youtube singing video?  Its a classic.

9 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

No. That would be YOU.

Who elected you arbiter of how much talent someone has or how much they need to have in order to be able to criticize, as well as determine what is 'overly criticizing'? say Liefeld or Frank Robbins??  Or hand out mathematical 'factors' of talent??? :screwy:

You didnt say a peep when non artists that cant even draw a stick figure criticize Liefeld so I'm thinking the whole "10,000X better" thing is a red herring (in your vernacular, 'intellectually dishonest').  You might not know this but many experts in the art field cannot draw a stick figure, but that does not negate their viewing/analyzing capacity.  You dont have to be Kneel Atoms to look at a scribble and say 'that doesnt look like Wolverine'.

Edited by kav

18 hours ago, kav said:

:bump:

No, you don't have permission to share anything of mine outside of this forum. You are on ignore for a reason.

The YOU that I know from this forum (as I don't know the YOU outside of this forum), I find to be appalling and of no benefit to anything on this forum. Nothing you have to say has any interest to me at all. 

But you continually find the need to respond to my posts, and make your comments about me, and from what it looks like here… troll me OUTSIDE of this forum to find information about me…

WTF is wrong with you?

Leave my life outside of this forum alone. What I share on here is free game, as I MYSELF choose to share it. My personal life has nothing to do with you. Go stalk someone else you pathetic loser.

I don’t want to interact with you. Understand?

I don’t like you. Understand?

Stop trying to interact with me. It’s that simple.

This is not an invitation to debate this. This is my final word to you. Stay out of my personal life.