• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone here collect Marvel Cards?

7 posts in this topic

My father passed away recently, and I found some Marvel cards of his.

I know absolutely nothing about Cards.

I'm sure these arent worth anything, but there a couple hundreds of them...

I was thinking about putting up for sale for like 20 or 30 Bucks....

just hoping someone here might take a look at them and tell me if there even worth putting a 20 dollar price on...

thanks

Complete sets will still sell, even just the base sets without the holograms. Marvel Universe Series 1 complete base set if still a $25-$30 sale, and obviously it's more if the chase cards are included. You can get about $100 for a complete run of Marvel Universe series 1-4, or 1-5. If you don't have complete sets, there are still some individual cards that will sell. The Stan Lee card from Series 1 is still a $5 or so card, although that's down from highs around $20-$30 right after he died.

So, yeah, not a ton of money, but if they're in nice shape, there will still probably be buyers.

What sets? They could be next to worthless or up to 800$ a set for something like the 1996 marvel masterpieces or if you have the mirage cards from 1995 (doubtful but maybe)

sorry about your loss. 

Post some pics of the cards or more info I know a lot about them. 

Pre-internet days, I would've collected them just for the power ratings and stats if I hadn't already been turned off of random packs by Panini hockey stickers and the like.  One of the biggest things that appealed to me about comics was no randomness, just buy whatever you want.  Sets already ordered in binders are going to be more interesting than a stack in a box: not a lot of crossover anymore between cards and comics, so many comic guys won't know how to handle cards properly.

Edited by FineCollector