Tale of the $50 AMAZING FANTASY 15 1st SPIDERMAN CGC Graded Blue 3.0 KEY SILVER AGE LEE DITKO

17 posts in this topic

33,357 posts

How many messages did you get in total?

57,213 posts

You better be careful, though. Listing an $18,000 book for $50 is liable to give people heart attacks trying to hit the BIN fast enough...

:D

Speaking of which...did you get any messages from honest people telling you what the book was actually worth, or was it all just people hoping they'd snared a sucker...?

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

341 posts
1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You better be careful, though. Listing an $18,000 book for $50 is liable to give people heart attacks trying to hit the BIN fast enough...

:D

Speaking of which...did you get any messages from honest people telling you what the book was actually worth, or was it all just people hoping they'd snared a sucker...?

No email said hey this book is worth this, but a few just asked it was a goof and were making sure.

795 posts

How do you feel being the internet geek sensation of the day? lol I honestly saw this sale in each and every facebook comics related group I am in.

Thanks for sharing those messages, some of them were really funny.

23,527 posts

A local collector friend snagged a raw copy for $7 that graded out at 4.5 universal at a garage sale 5 or 6 years ago. Deals like that are rare, but they happen.

2,339 posts
6 hours ago, kimik said:

A local collector friend snagged a raw copy for $7 that graded out at 4.5 universal at a garage sale 5 or 6 years ago. Deals like that are rare, but they happen.

$7 in a garage sale?!?!!..... That's not even rare.. that's a once in a life time event!.... I.E. finding an action 1 as part in the wall of a house you just bought

IMO if you see a book is  PROFESSIONALLY GRADED (never mind on EBAY!), and is worth upward of $14,000.. there is NO WAY it is being sold for under grading fee's ($50) LMAO...

Some of these people scare me ..  :facepalm:

341 posts

UPDATE: At this point, the sale ended over a week ago, I figure if your no smart enough to assume either this was a goof or at the very least it was sold I have responded in kind.......................

The ebayers name was removed because it would just not be right to let everyone know who they are........or as Red would say DUMB !

( NOTE: the first email starts at the bottom) 

I am not sure how to respond at this point lol

Okay now you're kidding? ................................................................................................................................................................... Right?

Your previous message

I am in Washinton State in the deep woods in a cabin. I don't want to ship this as it cost over $50 & that's a lot of bread bro. 
Why is that? Where are you located?

Your previous message

No you have to drive to my house and pick it up & we can have lunch before you go.

Yes I will pay, are you going to relist it?

Your previous message

You would pay $50???? I would want payment asap in cash & no hassle as the last buyer wanted it shipped for free!.

Is it still available to purchase??

Your previous message

Sure nobody wanted it?

Is this item still available??

23,603 posts

Finding AF 15 for cheap can happen and I’ve seen it twice.  Nice story here though...

I know a dealer picked up a low grade copy at a Salvation Army for .25c, and I know this because I bought it from him for $1400 back many years ago.  I subsequently sold it to Gator who then had it slabbed as a 2.5.  Everyone shook the money tree on that copy.  I bought a copy for the equivalent of $3 when I purchased a large collection at auction 3300 books/10k so $3/book.  Of course I paid $3 for books of no value too but it was a straight up auction.  Slabbed it and sold it as a 1.8.  Was fortunate enough to trade/cash for my 3.0 keeper a while back but dang if prices haven’t just kept climbing.   I never should have sold a single copy I owned :-)

2,339 posts

Awesome story! Comicdey

However IMO finding gems in the"wild" is completely different than finding a professional graded CGC book valued at 14k+  for $50 on Ebay lol

. (Selling far less than grading cost nonetheless)

277 posts

Amazing Fantasy indeed! :roflmao: