• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

I'm glad my title gets to you because people like you deserves it. Nitpicking every little thing. How one lives his life that way is unfortunate. At least now I know there are others who you harass because you're not satisfied with their tread title lol 

I just wish I can block people here.

7 minutes ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

please block me lol 

Why don't you just block him then?  Why do you ask someone else to do the work for you?

EDIT: btw, highlight over a user name and you'll see an "Ignore User" function.  You're welcome.

Edited by ExNihilo

Just now, ExNihilo said:

Literally the only reason why I clicked the thread was because I thought "oh , CGC lost someone's books".  Title really should have read "Books shown delivered but still not in system.  Is this normal?"

Same. I thought there might be a verified problem. I was taken for a Dranzer.

2 minutes ago, Park said:

Well after almost a month

It's been 16 days.  You're very lenient about rounding up.

The point is that the initial subject heading is over dramatic clickbait.  I'm on OP's side on everything else and do hope CGC enters it into the system and he can breath a sigh of relief.  But at the same time, I would hope that he learns from this and that his future subject heads are less sensationalist.  Literally, if he just changed the subject, we'd all be here singing "Kumbaya" holding hands and praying for a happy ending.

5 minutes ago, Park said:

Well after almost a month, calls to CGC, a representative from CGC looking into it last week, proof they were delivered, a thread on their discussion boards, etc. exactly what threshold do you guys need to consider that CGC has no clue where his books are?

Do we need a flow chart? 

One week? Go away.

Two weeks? Quit whining.

Three weeks? Pizz off. They’re here somewhere.

Four weeks? It’s Con Season!!!

Five weeks? Still Con Season!!!

Weeks Six through thirty-eight? Con Season-ish...

Week thirty-nine? What books were they again?

Week forty? What address did you send them to?

Week forty-one? Wait, were these fast track or....

Week forty-two? Maybe they are lost.

Week forty-three? Ok. Officially lost.

Is this more acceptable?

lol ikr? I had a sketch by a popular artist done. They posted on Facebook in February, that the would be sent to CGC, I wait until March 26th to contact them for CGC invoice to call about it.

They give me the, "our cgc manager just up and quit, here is the email of the new guy" speech. I email him the 27th on a Wed twice and he responds, I follow up on the 28th with 2 emails he responds saying get back to me Monday. I email him late this past Monday, he resoponds after 2 emails asking me questions...... I email him yesterday Tuesday with 2 emails, he responds with his last email.... this ..... after I messaged he could call CGC for the invoice to give to me...

"That is not how it works. I just have to find the invoice. Your book was one of over 150 invoices that got submitted just that day. I also  just complete 3 shows back to back to back with inly 2 days inbetween flights, work a full time job as a firefighter on those days, and am a father of 2, so this is not the only thing that i do. The book was submitted and all i ask is for some patience, you are one of over 1,000 customers that we have and this is the 10th email i have gotten from you in a week. Your book is there being graded, rest assured. I will reach out to you when i get a minute to find the invoice 

Regards"

First off it was 8 emails, finally I just called CGC and they gave me the invoice, what was supposedly done in FEB or early March, was marked as received on March 25th....
No sweat, but if they were "lost" as this thread suggest's... idk, and the facilitator's "new guy" still hasn't got back to me (shrug) and this is after I've put people their way and recommended them on the boards ..... :sorry: 

2 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Maybe the books are in jail waiting for arraignment for violating USPS media mail guidelines?

Don't do that lol I paid for a book on ebay that was $5 Shipping, said USPS ground, ok sure...

I see now that it was shipped MEDIA MAIL doh! it's "out for delivery" today, but still don't scare me lol :eek: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
4 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Maybe the books are in jail waiting for arraignment for violating USPS media mail guidelines?

Don't do that lol I paid for a book on ebay that was $5 Shipping, said USPS ground, ok sure...

I see now that it was shipped MEDIA MAIL doh! it's "out for delivery" today, but still don't scare me lol :eek: 

Speaking of which it just showed up on the doorstep.... moment of truth over in "This week in Collection" in about 5 minutes (thumbsu 

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

It's been 16 days.  You're very lenient about rounding up.

The point is that the initial subject heading is over dramatic clickbait.  I'm on OP's side on everything else and do hope CGC enters it into the system and he can breath a sigh of relief.  But at the same time, I would hope that he learns from this and that his future subject heads are less sensationalist.  Literally, if he just changed the subject, we'd all be here singing "Kumbaya" holding hands and praying for a happy ending.

He opened a thread and got jumped over semantics. Regardless of his delivery or responses or the semantics of the thread title, he has a valid complaint that was initially swept aside by the majority of the people on this board. It is a bit ridiculous and contributes to his defensiveness.

If Transplant doesn’t say something, the pile on of the OP being a big baby would have continued which is a sad state of affairs for this board. (Transplant being a voice of reason, and me supporting him, is cause for concern as well. lol )

CGC does not know where his books are after 16 days. I’ll work on a flow chart for “almost a month” next. :foryou:

Edited by Park
Pink Caddies

8 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

lol

Don’t give CGC any ideas.

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol ikr? I had a sketch by a popular artist done. They posted on Facebook in February, that the would be sent to CGC, I wait until March 26th to contact them for CGC invoice to call about it.

They give me the, "our cgc manager just up and quit, here is the email of the new guy" speech. I email him the 27th on a Wed twice and he responds, I follow up on the 28th with 2 emails he responds saying get back to me Monday. I email him late this past Monday, he resoponds after 2 emails asking me questions...... I email him yesterday Tuesday with 2 emails, he responds with his last email.... this ..... after I messaged he could call CGC for the invoice to give to me...

"That is not how it works. I just have to find the invoice. Your book was one of over 150 invoices that got submitted just that day. I also  just complete 3 shows back to back to back with inly 2 days inbetween flights, work a full time job as a firefighter on those days, and am a father of 2, so this is not the only thing that i do. The book was submitted and all i ask is for some patience, you are one of over 1,000 customers that we have and this is the 10th email i have gotten from you in a week. Your book is there being graded, rest assured. I will reach out to you when i get a minute to find the invoice 

Regards"

First off it was 8 emails, finally I just called CGC and they gave me the invoice, what was supposedly done in FEB or early March, was marked as received on March 25th....
No sweat, but if they were "lost" as this thread suggest's... idk, and the facilitator's "new guy" still hasn't got back to me (shrug) and this is after I've put people their way and recommended them on the boards ..... :sorry: 

Yikes.

I’ll give you a dollar to start a new “Has CGC lost my books” thread.

It’ll be awesome!

2 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:
3 minutes ago, Park said:

lol

Don’t give CGC any ideas.

uh oh.. lol

I am gonna need to update the flow chart now.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:57 AM, Transplant said:

You can't quit me. 

lol

I totally missed this.

We should have a fight like old times. :luhv:

2 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

I hope the proof of delivery put a shame to all those who harass me saying I created a misleading thread.

20190403_095236.jpg

Bit of advice? Sending books you want graded via Media Mail significantly increases your risk of loss and damage. 

It's one thing to send a pile of readers via Media Mail...it's another to send books worth slabbing.