• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which shipping companies allow for insurance on comic art?

22 posts in this topic

Bird's story is a total hobby tragedy and a free education for everybody else.

1. Do not do business with: http://cornettedesaintcyr.fr/

2. If you must ignore the first in your lust for a specific piece, understand and own the risk you're taking that anything and everything may, can, and likely will go wrong.

3. If either of the previous statements has not dissuaded doing business with them, then: insist on paying with credit card (not PayPal, and certainly not wire!) or pay for and pickup your item in person.

I have my own similar Cornette de Saint Cyr story but because I paid with a credit card, ridiculous time sink aside, I suffered no loss.

7 minutes ago, vodou said:

Bird's story is a total hobby tragedy and a free education for everybody else.

1. Do not do business with: http://cornettedesaintcyr.fr/

2. If you must ignore the first in your lust for a specific piece, understand and own the risk you're taking that anything and everything may, can, and likely will go wrong.

3. If either of the previous statements has not dissuaded doing business with them, then: insist on paying with credit card (not PayPal, and certainly not wire!) or pay for and pickup your item in person.

I have my own similar Cornette de Saint Cyr story but because I paid with a credit card, ridiculous time sink aside, I suffered no loss.

Don't let them tell you you have to pay by wire transfer because as vodou says they will take credit card payment. But better yet, shun them completely as they are dishonest and unscrupulous.